Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

grantishere

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 16, 2023
After seeing the article about the California Digital IDs this morning, I looked at the webpage. One of the videos suggests that Iowa and Tennessee are next to add their Digital IDs to Apple Wallet! Tennessee has not openly committed to adding it, nor has California.

The video is too big, so I will provide the link. https://ws.uat.dmv.ca.gov/portal/uploads/2024/07/Apple_HowToAddID.mp4

I posted a Tweet with all the other images that were broken as well.
Another thing to note is that the video was uploaded in July, 2024, according to the URL. Makes me wonder how many other states are secretly working on it.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-08-05 at 7.03.10 PM.png
    Screenshot 2024-08-05 at 7.03.10 PM.png
    76.1 KB · Views: 86

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
After seeing the article about the California Digital IDs this morning, I looked at the webpage. One of the videos suggests that Iowa and Tennessee are next to add their Digital IDs to Apple Wallet! Tennessee has not openly committed to adding it, nor has California.

The video is too big, so I will provide the link. https://ws.uat.dmv.ca.gov/portal/uploads/2024/07/Apple_HowToAddID.mp4

I posted a Tweet with all the other images that were broken as well.
Another thing to note is that the video was uploaded in July, 2024, according to the URL. Makes me wonder how many other states are secretly working on it.
I added mine some time back (I'm in Arizona), but the phone I added it to has been restored at least once. I need to add it again.

Something Apple didn't explain before I started the process is that there will be verification. In Arizona's case, you need to prove to a ID verification website (Arizona approved) that you are who you say you are. Only then will the system allow you to add your license to Apple Wallet.

Don't know if it works the same elsewhere, but it was an unexpected hoop I had to jump through. I suppose it's because anyone could find a lost license and try to add it to their Apple wallet - but I wasn't aware ahead of time.

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
Wish California would adopt this - why they are so slow is beyond me.
I wish AZDOT (Arizona Department of Transportation) would adopt Caltrans and that the AZ construction industry would adopt the California construction industry.

Things would get done around here (Phoenix) and not take months or years.

Yet our government entities were quick to adopt DLs in the Wallet app. 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: 4sallypat
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.