Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sundog925

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 19, 2011
Hey all.

So i noticed something that kept happening with iOS 11 release.
On iOS 11 on iPhone 8 (haven't tested on any other model) after pressing power button during a call to essentially 'lock' the screen, CALL END button remains on screen even after power button pressed. Accidentally hung up call many times due to this.

This did not occur on iOS 10.3.3 on my iPhone 6S, you would essentially need to touch the home button to enter your passcode to hang up a call.

Anyone else notice this?

I submitted to bug reporter, but they said today this function 'works as intended'. SMH....

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Hey all.

So i noticed something that kept happening with iOS 11 release.
On iOS 11 on iPhone 8 (haven't tested on any other model) after pressing power button during a call to essentially 'lock' the screen, CALL END button remains on screen even after power button pressed. Accidentally hung up call many times due to this.

This did not occur on iOS 10.3.3 on my iPhone 6S, you would essentially need to touch the home button to enter your passcode to hang up a call.

Anyone else notice this?

I submitted to bug reporter, but they said today this function 'works as intended'. SMH....
So is this during a call that is on speakerphone or using headphones (wired or wireless)? And you are saying if you press the lock button to turn the screen off it doesn't actually turn off but somehow almost turns off but has a single "Call End" button still visible?

sundog925

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 19, 2011
So is this during a call that is on speakerphone or using headphones (wired or wireless)? And you are saying if you press the lock button to turn the screen off it doesn't actually turn off but somehow almost turns off but has a single "Call End" button still visible?

The screen goes off, but the call end button is still active, which in every iteration has been absent from the screen.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
The screen goes off, but the call end button is still active, which in every iteration has been absent from the screen.
So it's active in the sense that it's not on the screen and the screen being off but if you touch it in the area where the button would typically be it would still work?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.