Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Original poster
Feb 19, 2005
I thought that this was a fairly decent review by an actual photographer of Lightroom. Lightroom Review

My thoughts are that I think it's time to give it another look. I discounted it early on, but some of the things the review said makes me want to re-download a demo of it and play around.

Lovesong

macrumors 65816
I find that, compared to Aperture, Lightroom has some advantages. I've been using Aperture since December, and have become quite fond of it. Last week I got a copy of Lightroom (boss was looking to get rid of some overhead grant funds, i have no idea), and have been playing around with it. Thus far, I have found that Aperture offers a much better method of organizing your images, and have a "collection" or a library, or if you're working on a project. Also, the keyword additions and metadata workflow in Aperture appeared to be more intuitive.
That being said, Lightroom truly has impressed me. While it's not that much faster than Aperture (as I had previously heard), the image editing options are much more cohesive, and easier to comprehend. Slideshows on it are not quite Apple-esque, but the website build options are nice.
Just my 2 cents.

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location
I can't read the review because the link doesn't work for me.

However, I will say that Aperture has its advantages over Lightroom. However, the advantages of Lightroom outweigh the advantages of Aperture for me. Version 1.0 of Lightroom really has impressed me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.