Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cSalmon

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 18, 2016
dc
I'm looking for a camera app that places directional info onto the photos. So if I take a picture pointing NW it places that onto the photo. I have Theodolite and while it does this, it places so much info onto the image that its' hard to read the picture afterwards. I've looked through the setting to see if I could reduce the about of info being recorded onto the photo and there doesn't seem a way to limited it down to just the directional info.

Hoping someone might know of another app that does this, my searching has not been successful. I'm not looking for the ability to write on the photo afterwards, looking for an automated process.

I appreciate any leads, thanks

Reactions: stillcrazyman

stillcrazyman

macrumors 603
Oct 10, 2014
Exile
I'm looking for a camera app that places directional info onto the photos. So if I take a picture pointing NW it places that onto the photo. I have Theodolite and while it does this, it places so much info onto the image that its' hard to read the picture afterwards. I've looked through the setting to see if I could reduce the about of info being recorded onto the photo and there doesn't seem a way to limited it down to just the directional info.

Hoping someone might know of another app that does this, my searching has not been successful. I'm not looking for the ability to write on the photo afterwards, looking for an automated process.

I appreciate any leads, thanks

ProCamera 11.4 has directional compass info. Not sure if it’s an automated process. I believe it uses the gps and exif data.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.