Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

FrankieTDouglas

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 10, 2005
Camera phones are getting better... though maybe still not that great. With this particular crutch in the way, I'm interested in seeing your stuff that comes out of them.

I have nothing to show at this point. This thread is sort of a motivation for me as well to utilize this extra camera I have, since the only time I ever think about it is when I hear it taking pictures accidentally in my pocket.

If you post a picture, just list the phone you have and whether or not you did any post-processing on the photo.

D34th

macrumors regular
Apr 14, 2006
Connecticut
I have a beautiful picture of a sunset from the top of the tower of the lighthouse I work at. However, there is no way to send it to my iMac because it is Verizon service and they don't allow transferring media. It's a Motorola RAZR though. Am I wrong? Is there anyway to transfer photos?

L

Lau

I'm rather enjoying my new camera phone (a Sony Ericsson W810i) – some photos turn out more interesting on it than my 'proper' camera, in the same way that polaroids can be really nice.

One very interesting thing is that it must scan the image downwards or something, because when I took some photos from a fast moving car, this happened:

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg

I'd like to play around a bit more with this – although the warped car shows the effect most obviously, I like the subtlety of the wires and the barriers ones more.

Edit: Oh, and no post processing, just resized em. :)

L

Lau

Abstract said:
You mean every photo you take is warped? :confused: That doesn't happen to my friend's K750i, and I thought they were the same camera.

No, sorry, I should perhaps have made that clearer. It's only when I'm moving, e.g. in a fast car, that it happens, and so it's what made me think it's somehow progressively scanning the image as it takes, meaning some stuff is slightly further on. I quite like the effect though. :)

Abstract said:
So what type of spacecraft is that?

Woooo. The one making the corn circles in the nearby field. :p

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location
Yeah, it's a cool effect, but everything should be blurry if motion was causing this, not "warped." Or I guess you could be correct in saying that it progressively "scans," but I don't think anybody would make something like that. It just sounds useless/crazy.

Roy Hobbs

macrumors 68000
Apr 29, 2005
D34th said:
I have a beautiful picture of a sunset from the top of the tower of the lighthouse I work at. However, there is no way to send it to my iMac because it is Verizon service and they don't allow transferring media. It's a Motorola RAZR though. Am I wrong? Is there anyway to transfer photos?

Worst case you can just use PIX messaging and send the pic from your phone to your email.

Depending on the software version of your Verizon RAZR bluetooth may still work. Early models have the bluetooth unaltered

D34th

macrumors regular
Apr 14, 2006
Connecticut
kvanwagoner said:
Worst case you can just use PIX messaging and send the pic from your phone to your email.

Depending on the software version of your Verizon RAZR bluetooth may still work. Early models have the bluetooth unaltered

Yeah I was thinking about doing that...I do not have an early model, the only thing I can really do with my bluetooth is use a headset, which sucks...

MacFan782040

macrumors 65816
Dec 1, 2003
D34th said:

No, you can transfer photos, just not through bluetooth because Verizon has a stick up their a$$. Just simply email it to yourself, it costs 25 cents.

FrankieTDouglas

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 10, 2005
This is a bench I saw outside of a buffet restaurant. The main thing I thought when I saw it was how nice it'd look with a person sitting to one side of it and let the angle of the building put a nice descending perspective on it.

I was only able to get a shot of it with my camera phone a few weeks back, though.

My camera is a Sony Ericsson Z520a

Attachments

• DSC00095.JPG
    DSC00095.JPG
    36.9 KB · Views: 100
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.