Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ee99ee

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 9, 2006
I am in the market for a VERY SMALL, inexpensive, good quality camera. I want something very very small that I can just throw in my pocket and take with me, but something that still takes good pictures. My 5 year old camera is pretty outdated and pretty huge in size. Also, my mom got me a Kodak C513 for Christmas but I'm really not happy with it so I think I'm going to take it back.

Anyone have any good suggestions? The most important feature for me is size -- SMALL! If it takes good low-light photos, that's a plus as I tend to take many of those for some reason beyond me.

-Chris

jolton

macrumors member
Mar 9, 2006
If you're looking for a small point and shoot, I would recommend the following

Canon SD500 (7.1 megapixel)

Fuji F30 (6 megapixel)

Both cameras came out just before the pixel wars and take excellent pictures w/ little to no noise.

I do know that the Fuji takes better night time, low light pics. However the Canon takes better "every day" and outdoor pics.

This is based on my experience with both cameras above.

Westside guy

macrumors 603
Oct 15, 2003
The soggy side of the Pacific NW
Both cameras came out just before the pixel wars and take excellent pictures w/ little to no noise.

Don't underestimate this point jolton made. More pixels is generally a bad thing when it comes to point and shoots, unless you're going to restrict yourself to only shooting in very bright sunlight (and even then more isn't necessarilly better).

ee99ee

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 9, 2006
I think I'm going to go with the SD1000. Looks to be a great camera and the type I'm looking for. Thanks for all your input!

-Chris

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.