Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

assenzio

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 26, 2021
Add your location
Hello,

I don't have enough space because of the "Others" folder, and I'm going to do a hard reset but I don't want to lose my info and chats, etc.

I can do a hard reset and restore from the iOS 14.5 B2 backup? Or I only can restore from iOS 14.4.1 backup?

I would not mind the backup if I could do the WhatsApp backup, but as I don't have enough space I can't do only the WhatsApp backup.

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
Hello,

I don't have enough space because of the "Others" folder, and I'm going to do a hard reset but I don't want to lose my info and chats, etc.

I can do a hard reset and restore from the iOS 14.5 B2 backup? Or I only can restore from iOS 14.4.1 backup?

I would not mind the backup if I could do the WhatsApp backup, but as I don't have enough space I can't do only the WhatsApp backup.
Not sure what do you mean by “hard reset”. If you want to reset all settings and erase all data, you have to have a 14.5 beta backup. In full. If you don’t have more space get more space for external backup.

“Others” folder sometimes contain corrupted data, temporary files, partially downloaded app packages and so on (yes, that happen). A full reset should be able to clear most if not all of them.

williamosmith

macrumors newbie
Mar 28, 2021
You can try viewing if some of your apps like Instagram are taking a lot of space due to cache. Delete and Reinstall such apps might give you some free space for your work.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.