Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Gloor

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 19, 2007
Hi all,

I recently spent a holiday with my friends in CA and I would like to send them a present as a thank you for letting us stay there.

The husband is really mad about nature. He is interested in animals especially birds so I would like to get him a book with stunning photos and perhaps some text that would say something about the species but its not necessary.

So, would you have any recommendation on a book with awesome photos of nature, animals etc. please? I would like to stay within range of animals in CA so photography trip from Africa is no good ;))))

Thank you very much in advance, I appreciate it

Gloor

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 19, 2007
Did I post it in a wrong forum? I thought that this would be the perfect place to ask as you are all professional photographers so I'm sure you know some amazing books with amazing photos, right?

Or if you think I should post it somewhere else then could you please tell me which site I would have more success?

Thank you very much

jackerin

macrumors 6502a
Jun 29, 2008
Finland
I don't know how many "professional photographers" you'd find on a subforum to a forum dedicated to Mac hardware and software. I'm just an amateur myself, I'd rather spend money on gear than books with photos.

Have a look at DPReview, that site is dedicated to digital photography and they have forums for many different topics.

Gloor

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 19, 2007
Thank you Dale, I'll check it out.

Thanks Jackering, I'll try it there too. I just love macrumors as there is huge variety of people so I like to come here as first place :)))

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.