Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ToNo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 12, 2020
i bought my 9yo grandson some app games and coding apps - the problem is that they need WiFi access to play them 🤬
Is it possible to allow these apps access but restrict browser and Apple shop access?

Thanks in anticipation.

ToNo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 12, 2020
Enable parental controls.

Thank you, but will this allow access to certain apps but ban access to browser and Apple store?

akash.nu

macrumors G4
May 26, 2016
Sorry, but I am a Newbie, which parameters on an iPad should be changed in order to allow apps to update etc, but deny access to Apple store and web browser?

thank you.

There’s a lot of different combinations based on what you really want to achieve. That link provided earlier has all the details you need. Please read through the different options and you’ll know what needs to be done. It’s pretty straightforward.

PBG4 Dude

macrumors 601
Jul 6, 2007
How should it be configured in order to allow apps which need internet access to be played, ban use,of App store and ban use of browser?
Read the linked article in the earlier post. It answers these questions and more.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.