Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bonjourx

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 26, 2016
i am thinking of purchasing an Apple Watch series 3 with LTE, I have a series 2 that’s in mint condition and has apple care plus (which I’m gonna be selling) but I really wanna have the LTE feature in couple of months or so. My question is, can I purchase the watch with LTE but then not activate the LTE feature yet? Am I gonna be able to use the watch normally without any problems then just sign up for the watch data plan that’s $10 monthly on ATT eventually when I’m willing to pay for it monthly? And also do you guys think there would be another Apple Watch that’s gonna be release next year? I’m really contemplating if I should get the 3 or not but I’m one of those people that doesn’t like to bring their phone at all especially if I just need to run real fast to the supermarket or need to pick up my son at school, etc.

And lastly, what’s an ideal price for the Apple Watch series 2 42mm rose gold with navy blue band that’s in mint condition and has an Apple care till 2019 and was never used? Thanks so much!

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
i am thinking of purchasing an Apple Watch series 3 with LTE, I have a series 2 that’s in mint condition and has apple care plus (which I’m gonna be selling) but I really wanna have the LTE feature in couple of months or so. My question is, can I purchase the watch with LTE but then not activate the LTE feature yet? Am I gonna be able to use the watch normally without any problems then just sign up for the watch data plan that’s $10 monthly on ATT eventually when I’m willing to pay for it monthly? And also do you guys think there would be another Apple Watch that’s gonna be release next year? I’m really contemplating if I should get the 3 or not but I’m one of those people that doesn’t like to bring their phone at all especially if I just need to run real fast to the supermarket or need to pick up my son at school, etc.

And lastly, what’s an ideal price for the Apple Watch series 2 42mm rose gold with navy blue band that’s in mint condition and has an Apple care till 2019 and was never used? Thanks so much!

Yes, you can purchase the Series 3 LTE Apple Watch and bypass the LTE activation. Most carriers are offering a complementary 90 day free trial, so might be worth taking a advantage of, would you can cancel anytime
If it applies to you.

bonjourx

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 26, 2016
Yes, you can purchase the Series 3 LTE Apple Watch and bypass the LTE activation. Most carriers are offering a complementary 90 day free trial, so might be worth taking a advantage of, would you can cancel anytime
If it applies to you.

But once I activate the $10 monthly, how long would I need to pay for it? Is there a contract like 2 years too? Or I can cancel it anytime?

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
But once I activate the $10 monthly, how long would I need to pay for it? Is there a contract like 2 years too? Or I can cancel it anytime?

You will have to check with your carrier on those questions. I know it varies depending on contract situations. But I believe you can cancel anytime.

bonjourx

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 26, 2016
You will have to check with your carrier on those questions. I know it varies depending on contract situations. But I believe you can cancel anytime.

Thanks for answering my questions. Would it work the same and regularly still even LTE is off like a normal watch with activated LTE?

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
Thanks for answering my questions. Would it work the same and regularly still even LTE is off like a normal watch with activated LTE?

Yes. The watch will perform exactly the same even with LTE turned off. You just won't have the capabilities of not being paired to the iPhone.

bonjourx

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 26, 2016
Yes. The watch will perform exactly the same even with LTE turned off. You just won't have the capabilities of not being paired to the iPhone.

I’m so sorry for having too many questions, I really appreciate all your response. But what do you mean of not being paired to the iPhone? Can you be more clear about it?

deadworlds

macrumors 65816
Jun 15, 2007
Citrus Heights,CA
I’m so sorry for having too many questions, I really appreciate all your response. But what do you mean of not being paired to the iPhone? Can you be more clear about it?

It means that without the LTE activated, you won’t be able to use some of the features if you’re away from your phone. When LTE is not active, the watch uses Bluetooth to access internet and other data through the phone.

bonjourx

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 26, 2016
It means that without the LTE activated, you won’t be able to use some of the features if you’re away from your phone. When LTE is not active, the watch uses Bluetooth to access internet and other data through the phone.

Generally just like my series 2, is that correct?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.