Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

spiderman0616

Suspended
Original poster
Aug 1, 2010
As the titles says--anyone gotten one of these wet yet and did it live to fight another day? I bought one today because I started using sleep tracking recently and have found the silicone material of the standard bands uncomfortable to sleep in. (I'm possibly a bit allergic to the material, so maybe overnight wear was just pushing it too far.) I have other Nike/Sport bands I can switch to if I think I'm going to be in wet conditions, but I'm just wondering how durable they are if I get caught off guard in the rain or something.

Loving the band so far, and in the end a destroyed watch band isn't the end of the world. I just haven't had a leather watch band in a LONG time and am wondering how resilient this particular one is.

Thanks in advance for any anecdotal experience!

oric1sg

macrumors member
Oct 1, 2017
As the titles says--anyone gotten one of these wet yet and did it live to fight another day? I bought one today because I started using sleep tracking recently and have found the silicone material of the standard bands uncomfortable to sleep in. (I'm possibly a bit allergic to the material, so maybe overnight wear was just pushing it too far.) I have other Nike/Sport bands I can switch to if I think I'm going to be in wet conditions, but I'm just wondering how durable they are if I get caught off guard in the rain or something.

Loving the band so far, and in the end a destroyed watch band isn't the end of the world. I just haven't had a leather watch band in a LONG time and am wondering how resilient this particular one is.

Thanks in advance for any anecdotal experience!
I'm using this Nomad leather band and it is waterproof. I washed my Ultra & Nomad Active Pro band after every workout.

Reactions: spiderman0616

Jackbequickly

macrumors 68030
Aug 6, 2022
I have washed my leather Link bands under the faucet with no problem. The leather has been “worked over” to the point it is hardly leather anymore. I would not soak for long periods of time.

Reactions: spiderman0616
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.