Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ViktorFowl67

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 16, 2018
I have been using ethernet connection between my mac and pc without any problem, for file transfer, until I have updated to High Sierra from Sierra.
This was the way that worked https://support.apple.com/kb/PH25349
Now when I enter my credentials to my pc, login window will shake and that is it. Do not know what is wrong, no hint, no nothing and I thought the High Sierra will be good :/
Have you heard about this issue? I could not find anything alike here on forum.

Fishrrman

macrumors Penryn
Feb 20, 2009
Are we talking about transferring a few files, or being permanently networked for file sharing?

If it's "just a few files", use a USB flash drive and a pair of sneakers, and be done with it.

ViktorFowl67

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 16, 2018
I think flash drive is not what I want to be using in my case, those are bigger files and easier transferred through GB ethernet. Connection is not permanent only for the file transfer.

tarsins

macrumors 65816
Sep 15, 2009
Wales
Not much help I know but I use this method and it still worked fine after the HS upgrade on both my MacBook Pro and iMac. The "shaking window" implies that the credentials are wrong, username and/or password. Could these have changed?

ViktorFowl67

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 16, 2018
Not much help I know but I use this method and it still worked fine after the HS upgrade on both my MacBook Pro and iMac. The "shaking window" implies that the credentials are wrong, username and/or password. Could these have changed?

Credentials are the same, after all it is my pc, it has win 7, If you are saying it is still working for you, it is good, but what windows do you have on that pc?

Fishrrman

macrumors Penryn
Feb 20, 2009
OP wrote:
"those are bigger files and easier transferred through GB ethernet. Connection is not permanent only for the file transfer."

Then use a USB3 hard drive.
Why fight, when this can be over and done in a few minutes?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.