Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MatteoV

macrumors member
Original poster
May 5, 2017
Hi, often I receive phone calls when driving and I'd like to be able to start the conversation with the person that is calling me with a simple "Hei Siri, answer" or any similar phrases.
Is it possibile with iOS11?

I know there is an option like "Announce Calls", but I want not only to know the name of the person, but I want also to answer only with a voice command, without touching the iPhone screen.

Thanks
Cheers

Starship67

Suspended
Oct 28, 2017
LA
If your running through your car stereo, most probably 6 year old units to newer in the phone settings have an auto answer option.

Reactions: MatteoV

MatteoV

macrumors member
Original poster
May 5, 2017
If your running through your car stereo, most probably 6 year old units to newer in the phone settings have an auto answer option.

Thank you for hint , unfortunately my car radio/stereo does not support the option you say.

I've a 5s and in the car, to have Siri always active, I have to keep the phone in charge (and I've enabled the "Hey Siri" option in settings), so I can wake up Siri with "Hey Siri" everytime, you know. Then I can ask her to find routes for a destination or to update me about weather, ...

A very basic request is the possibility to answer an incoming call with a simple "Hey Siri, answer" and Siri should understand me and my voice even if the iPhone ringtone is ringing with high volume. When I enable the answer-with-voice option (by default this option should be disabled because in general iOS expects that I must touch the screen with my fingers to answer an incoming call), this enabled option should allow me to answer with only my voice and start the conversation in speakerphone and with a volume of the voice set by the user in the iOS settings.

So: do you know if, in iOS11, an answer-with-voice option (or similar methods/ways) through only iPhone+Siri exist (so without any external device like bluetooth headsets, specific car stereo, etc...) in order to perform what I'm asking?

Thank you for help.
Cheers

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Thank you for hint , unfortunately my car radio/stereo does not support the option you say.

I've a 5s and in the car, to have Siri always active, I have to keep the phone in charge (and I've enabled the "Hey Siri" option in settings), so I can wake up Siri with "Hey Siri" everytime, you know. Then I can ask her to find routes for a destination or to update me about weather, ...

A very basic request is the possibility to answer an incoming call with a simple "Hey Siri, answer" and Siri should understand me and my voice even if the iPhone ringtone is ringing with high volume. When I enable the answer-with-voice option (by default this option should be disabled because in general iOS expects that I must touch the screen with my fingers to answer an incoming call), this enabled option should allow me to answer with only my voice and start the conversation in speakerphone and with a volume of the voice set by the user in the iOS settings.

So: do you know if, in iOS11, an answer-with-voice option (or similar methods/ways) through only iPhone+Siri exist (so without any external device like bluetooth headsets, specific car stereo, etc...) in order to perform what I'm asking?

Thank you for help.
Cheers
The auto-answer option should be in iOS settings: Settings > General > Accessibility > Call Audio Routing

MatteoV

macrumors member
Original poster
May 5, 2017
The auto-answer option should be in iOS settings: Settings > General > Accessibility > Call Audio Routing
I never tried this option, thank you for it. When I set "Automatic" (the default setting) what does it mean? I think that "Bluetooth Headsets" is good only if user has bluetooth headsets (I have not them and I don't want to pay for them) and "Loudspeaker" set calls always in loudspeaker mode.
Is there, at least, the possibility to put this setting in the Control Center for quick access or I need to make 6 actions with my fingers on the screen that are:
1) touch on "Setting" icon
2) scroll down to see "General"
3) touch on "General" icon
4) touch on "Accessibility" icon
5) scroll down to see "Call Audio Routing"
6) touch on "Call Audio Routing" to select, finally, the desired setting?

@Volusia How can I enable the auto answer?

Thanks
Cheers

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
I never tried this option, thank you for it. When I set "Automatic" (the default setting) what does it mean? I think that "Bluetooth Headsets" is good only if user has bluetooth headsets (I have not them and I don't want to pay for them) and "Loudspeaker" set calls always in loudspeaker mode.
Is there, at least, the possibility to put this setting in the Control Center for quick access or I need to make 6 actions with my fingers on the screen that are:
1) touch on "Setting" icon
2) scroll down to see "General"
3) touch on "General" icon
4) touch on "Accessibility" icon
5) scroll down to see "Call Audio Routing"
6) touch on "Call Audio Routing" to select, finally, the desired setting?

@Volusia How can I enable the auto answer?

Thanks
Cheers
As mentioned, the auto answer should be an option in the same Call Audio Routing section.

MatteoV

macrumors member
Original poster
May 5, 2017
As mentioned, the auto answer should be an option in the same Call Audio Routing section.
Hi , sorry but I can't understand: when I enable the option "Auto Answer", what happen? That when I receive a call, iOS start the conversation after two/three seconds from the beginning of the ringtone?
Be patient but often it's important for me to answer for a incoming call without using my fingers.
Can you help me step-by-step?
Thank you!
Cheers

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Hi , sorry but I can't understand: when I enable the option "Auto Answer", what happen? That when I receive a call, iOS start the conversation after two/three seconds from the beginning of the ringtone?
Be patient but often it's important for me to answer for a incoming call without using my fingers.
Can you help me step-by-step?
Thank you!
Cheers
I haven't personally played around with it, but that would be my understanding, that after the specified time when a calls comes in the phone will automatically answer that call.

http://www.idownloadblog.com/2017/06/23/how-to-iphone-auto-answer-calls/ might be of some help.

MatteoV

macrumors member
Original poster
May 5, 2017
I haven't personally played around with it, but that would be my understanding, that after the specified time when a calls comes in the phone will automatically answer that call.

http://www.idownloadblog.com/2017/06/23/how-to-iphone-auto-answer-calls/ might be of some help.

Thank you very much for the link, it explains the feature very well.
It works well, the only problem is to remember to disable it when go out from car! It would be better if I could access this option directly in Control Center. My little opinion is that iOS has a lot of useful options, but it is not easy to discover and to access with few touches/actions.

Thank you
Regards

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.