Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DesignG

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 7, 2014
Hello,
I have a problem with my iPhone 6. I can´t charge it when I plug in my charger in. When I move the charging cable to the left or right side, I see the charing symbol in the status bar. The problem is, that when I touch the Phone, the charging process stops.
I called Apple, but got a really disappointing answer. I need to repair it on my own cost, because its 1 year and 3 months old. In germany we have a 2 year guarantee on everything we buy. Do you have maybe some tipps? Is there a way to write a complaint about this "solution" apple gave me?

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
Many people have had charging port issues here that turned out to be a result of "lint" and junk buildup inside the port.

You might try taking a toothpick or some other item and cleaning out the port. Carefully of course.

Reactions: C DM

GalFieri

macrumors regular
Mar 4, 2016
California
Like eyoungren said, try cleaning out your charging port carefully and see if that helps.

Though it's a little strange that Apple never mentioned cleaning the port to you. It's usually like the first thing you'd suggest to someone who has charging issues. Unless Apple did and you already tried it.

Is it possible for you to go to an Apple Store and have them examine it if cleaning the port doesn't help?

DesignG

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 7, 2014
Thank you for your answer! I cleaned it and was shocked how much dust got in it. It works now! I thought I will need to pay up to 321 Euro (like the I heard on phone!) Thank you so much.
I can't believe that the apple care guy wanted me to drive 50km to the next apple store.

Reactions: eyoungren

forerings

macrumors newbie
Mar 12, 2016
Got the same problem and cleaning it up with a needle helped me resolve it. BTW the apple guys aren't always disappointing. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.