Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MXBY

macrumors member
Original poster
May 18, 2015
Hi all,

I am guessing that the answer is yes to this question – but I still wanted to check.

Because the 2018 Mac Mini doesn't have a very strong graphics card, the Intel UHD Graphics 630, I just had the slight wonder if it really can drive a 4k screen (3840x2160) or 5k screen over its Thunderbolt 3 connection? I don't have any reason to doubt it, other than that a forum post said that it would be important that the graphics card can deliver to the 32" 4k LG screen I'm considering getting.

Thanks!

macdos

Suspended
Oct 15, 2017
Hi all,

I am guessing that the answer is yes to this question – but I still wanted to check.

Because the 2018 Mac Mini doesn't have a very strong graphics card, the Intel UHD Graphics 630, I just had the slight wonder if it really can drive a 4k screen (3840x2160) or 5k screen over its Thunderbolt 3 connection? I don't have any reason to doubt it, other than that a forum post said that it would be important that the graphics card can deliver to the 32" 4k LG screen I'm considering getting.

Thanks!

This recurring question is getting annoying. Yes, you can drive 3 x 3840x2160 without the slightest hitch.

Reactions: Alx9876 and F-Train

Easttime

macrumors 6502a
Jun 17, 2015
All questions welcome. I understand the uncertainty about monitors these days. I spent many hours sorting through conflicting information when I was looking for a new monitor for my 2018 mini.

Reactions: MXBY and Alx9876
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.