Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Yourbigpalal83

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 22, 2015
Ok so recently i got me a M1 Mac Mini and i love it. Its so fast, and handles everything i throw at it. Im rocking 2 HDMI 25 inch LG Ultrawide monitors, one connected directly via HDMI and the other connected via a HDMI to USB C Adaptor. I had two amazon HDMI to USB C Cables but for ever reason those dident work.

The M1 is replacing my old 2017 Imac 27 inch baseline setup which i used to rock 2 external monitors (the central imac 5k display and the 2 21:9 Ultrawide screens)

i know apple says officially it can support up to 2 monitors at 5k and a lower res, but i have no real need at the moment for those kind of monitors, im more about as much screen estate over resolution at the moment.

If i buy the same type of monitor (another LG 25 inch ultrawide at 2560x1080) and plug it into the remaining Thunderport display using an adaptor, in theory it should work and i can be rocking 3 ultrawide monitors right?

If my math is correct, (which it almost never is lol) but all 3 monitors native resolutions should be way less then 1 4K monitor, and the M1 should be able to handle it no problem correct?

Sure I'm giving up my last remaining USB C port, but i dont really use USB C anyway for anything outside of displays.

Heres an image of my current setup!

this should work correct or is apple so hard set on only using 2 monitors (which makes no sense to me because if my much less powerful baseline imac could support 2 externals plus the main 5k one, you would think there revolutionary m1 chip could handle this in its sleep)

-Al

Attachments

• Desk Setup may 2021.jpg
    Desk Setup may 2021.jpg
    257.3 KB · Views: 823
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.