Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

True Tao

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 5, 2007
If I save a .jpg from the net thats around 100x100 pixels and zoom in a lot or resize it the picture get blocky and pixelated ....is there a way, maybe in photoshop or something that when I resize it I can get rid of the blockyness and pixelation?

Thanks for the help

ChrisA

macrumors G5
Jan 5, 2006
Redondo Beach, California
If I save a .jpg from the net thats around 100x100 pixels and zoom in a lot or resize it the picture get blocky and pixelated ....is there a way, maybe in photoshop or something that when I resize it I can get rid of the blockyness and pixelation?

Thanks for the help

Yes you can get rid of the blocky pixels but at the expense of making the image blurry. Photoshop and other image editor have ways of re-sampling images but none of them can add detail that is not there.

True Tao

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 5, 2007
Yes you can get rid of the blocky pixels but at the expense of making the image blurry. Photoshop and other image editor have ways of re-sampling images but none of them can add detail that is not there.

thanks for the reply.

Would you know the steps I could try in photoshop or what the procedure is called?

Thanks

LittleCanonKid

macrumors 6502
Oct 22, 2008
Hilarious - thanks for that post. One of my pet peeves is TV shows that suggest infinite resolution at infinite enlargements.
Yeah! I've always wondered where they get this magical software that cleans up pixels, adds detail, removes noise and lets you print an 8x10 from a 50 pixel by 50 pixel slice from a security camera photo. :D

faustfire

macrumors 6502a
Jul 17, 2002
California
Yeah! I've always wondered where they get this magical software that cleans up pixels, adds detail, removes noise and lets you print an 8x10 from a 50 pixel by 50 pixel slice from a security camera photo. :D

...and identifies a suspect a mile away, around a corner, from the reflection off of someones compact mirror.

iBlue

macrumors Core
Mar 17, 2005
London, England
Not true, I saw them do this exact thing on CSI Miami last week, the OP should try and contact the producers of the show and see what program they used.

:D

To the original poster, the technique you are looking for is called interpolation, more specifically image interpolation. Give it a google but it isn't a simple process.

ajpl

macrumors regular
Oct 9, 2008
Not true, I saw them do this exact thing on CSI Miami last week, the OP should try and contact the producers of the show and see what program they used.
It's a very useful piece of software, called a 'Scriptwriter', but it has to be put on 'ignore any inconvienient reality that gets in way of the story' setting.

r.j.s

Moderator emeritus
Mar 7, 2007
Texas
It's a very useful piece of software, called a 'Scriptwriter', but it has to be put on 'ignore any inconvienient reality that gets in way of the story' setting.

So, any word on the Reality Edition release date for Scriptwriter?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.