Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

a-m-k

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 3, 2009
I have my screensaver as the alternating iTunes album covers. When my MBP goes into the screensaver mode, I have to tap something other than the track pad or space bar. This would normally be fine on most days, but I live with others and I am only respecting the need to rest or whatever. Having the volume on the lowest volume may not be the best because if I accidentally turned it on and didn't know it, it may just run my battery out of charge.

Thank you.

Last edited:

Pianoblack3

macrumors regular
Jul 18, 2012
Scotland
I'd recommend changing your screensaver to one of the others, and if living with people is a concern then up your security settings. I know this isn't really answering your question, a-m-k, however there is no way in which to disable the play feature in/during the iTunes screensaver that I am currently aware of :)

a-m-k

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 3, 2009
I'd recommend changing your screensaver to one of the others, and if living with people is a concern then up your security settings. I know this isn't really answering your question, a-m-k, however there is no way in which to disable the play feature in/during the iTunes screensaver that I am currently aware of :)

I would, but it was the neatest screensaver. Though, I can just make sure my sound is set to low and turn it up when necessary. :) Thank you for your help in trying to solve it with a suggestion.

a-m-k

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 3, 2009
That was easy!

If you take your pointer and go directly to the right hand side, you will see an exit and you select that to exit out of the iTunes screensaver if you don't want a song to be played. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.