Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dawnraid

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 9, 2007
Hi, I saw another 17 year old (im 17 aswell) who posted his photos and I thought I would do the same thing. Basically I just do photography as a hobby occasionally when I go on holiday or get bored lol! My camera is about 4.5 years old but I dont let it hold me back. So heres the link to my Flickr . So basically If you could spend a minute looking through my photostream, and then give me some feedback or some comments on what I could do better or what You like/dislike that would be awesome.
Feel free to add me as a friend, or give me some comments on my flickr aswell, its a bit sparse.
Thanks

NintendoChick

macrumors regular
Jun 30, 2008
ah, I envy you! I love NZ! and done with a point and shoot? great start! (I am also a 17 year old armature photographer with a point and shoot :) )

pinktank

macrumors 6502
Apr 5, 2005
I rreally like the two subway shots, although the second one could be a tighter crop with a little more emphasis on the reclining man, good job

dawnraid

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 9, 2007
Thanks so far.

I went to your flickr site and did as you asked.

Haha thanks man. Added you as a contact.

ah, I envy you! I love NZ! and done with a point and shoot? great start! (I am also a 17 year old armature photographer with a point and shoot )

NZ Rules!!!!, yeh suprisingly it still manages to put out a few decent photos now and then. Youve got some pretty sweet photos yourself on deviant art, if I could still remember my login I would have posted a comment.

More Comments Still Needed :):):)

ManWithhat

macrumors regular
Jun 24, 2008
Tiles shot:
Looks like an interesting subject, but it somehow appears boring to me.

Different Perspective:
I really like this photo. Great composition.

Sydney Subway:
I love the lighting and place you're taking this photo . . but it doesn't have a subject. When I look at it, I can't tell what you're taking a picture of. My eyes wander from the legs sticking out on the right, to the white ceiling, to the tracks. It feels empty. If you were to have focused on one of the bench-dwellers or the track, maybe it would have been more interesting.

Keep it up.

dawnraid

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 9, 2007
Tiles shot:
Looks like an interesting subject, but it somehow appears boring to me.

Different Perspective:
I really like this photo. Great composition.

Sydney Subway:
I love the lighting and place you're taking this photo . . but it doesn't have a subject. When I look at it, I can't tell what you're taking a picture of. My eyes wander from the legs sticking out on the right, to the white ceiling, to the tracks. It feels empty. If you were to have focused on one of the bench-dwellers or the track, maybe it would have been more interesting.

Keep it up.
Whoa thanks I guess your right.

Thanks so far, Ive had like another 300 veiws on my photostream!!!! not bad.
Any more criticisms / praises are welcome. :)

NintendoChick

macrumors regular
Jun 30, 2008
alright, I wanted to figure out how to make that nifty little flickr link before posting, and here we go:

Flickr

There's my account. I added you as a contact :)

dawnraid

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 9, 2007
Thanks for the great feedback guys. I would still like some more responses :). Cheers

Chappers

macrumors 68020
Aug 12, 2003
At home
I'm pleased you haven't let an older camera stop you taking some lovely photos.

You will not struggle to get a good photo in your part of the world - keep pushing yourself.

At the moment they are a little like tourist photos - good - but I think you can do better and I think you will do better. Keep up the good work.

dawnraid

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 9, 2007
I'm pleased you haven't let an older camera stop you taking some lovely photos.

You will not struggle to get a good photo in your part of the world - keep pushing yourself.

At the moment they are a little like tourist photos - good - but I think you can do better and I think you will do better. Keep up the good work.

Thanks for the positive feedback, I have actually taken most of these photos while I have been on holidays, so I guess thats why they have a 'touristy' feel to them.
Cheers

Everythingisnt

macrumors 6502a
Jan 16, 2008
Vancouver
Checked out your photos -- As a fellow 17 year old photography lover i'm glad to see peers who share the same interests as me. Good work! (Also i added you as a contact)

MisterEd

macrumors 6502
Jan 2, 2006
Very nice photos indeed. You seem to have a good eye for shapes, forms etc. which is the starting block of photography.

I couldnt see what camera you used on there, what is it?

Ed

dawnraid

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 9, 2007
Very nice photos indeed. You seem to have a good eye for shapes, forms etc. which is the starting block of photography.

I couldnt see what camera you used on there, what is it?

Ed

for all except 3 pictures i used a panasonic lc-80 (its a piece lol) hopefully i will get something a bit better soon.
thanks for the good comment

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.