Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

.mark.

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 28, 2007
Jersey, C.I.
Found a link to this guy's setup in another thread and I really link his backgrounds - anyone know where to get them or anyone have them? I see some other guy in the comments section has asked for a link but has had no luck.

cheers

.mark.

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 28, 2007
Jersey, C.I.
It's so blurry, how can you tell what it is, to know if you like it?

are you serious? you can't look at a picture and tell if you like it? yes it is is abstract and "blurry". It's a landscape shot but very out of focus giving the lights a really nice effect. I guess I just like that effect and the colours.

It just looks like a photograph. Quit obvious at that.

It's a landscape with the lights blurred.

to be fair though most wallpapers are just pictures?! Not every wallpaper that is a picture is a custom wallpaper?

Peace

Cancelled
Apr 1, 2005
Space The Only Frontier
to be fair though most wallpapers are just pictures?! Not every wallpaper that is a picture is a custom wallpaper?

To put it simply.

The owner of the display took a photo with a camera and used the pic as his desktop wallpaper.

You might be better off in the other discussion.

wheezy

macrumors 65816
Apr 7, 2005
Alpine, UT
Nice! I also thought Mandolux when I saw it, he's one of the few wallpaper sites that give you both a right and left option, sometimes a middle for those 3 monitor folks.

krye

macrumors 68000
Aug 21, 2007
USA
I think you'd get a migraine after looking at that for more than 5 minutes. Since it's out of focus and there is no focal point, your brain would try and make one. It would trigger your eye to try and focus on it. You'd get a headache for sure.

.mark.

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 28, 2007
Jersey, C.I.
I think you'd get a migraine after looking at that for more than 5 minutes. Since it's out of focus and there is no focal point, your brain would try and make one. It would trigger your eye to try and focus on it. You'd get a headache for sure.

it's a good job that I don't sit starring at my desktop for 5 minutes then! ;)

but yeah, I can see your point. I think it helps bring windows you have open even more to life, since it's quite an undistracting, plain, soft background

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.