Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rpc33

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 31, 2011
Hello,

I pre-ordered the iphone X through Apple store app at 3:15am on Oct 27. I received a 2-3 week shipping estimate. On Nov. 6 I went into the apple store app and canceled the pre-order and received a confirmation that it was canceled. I saw an iPhone X available for instore pickup at a local store and when I went through the process to purchase it, the AT&T installment plan program was not an option because it showed that I had an existing installment plan for my phone number.

I just spent almost 3 hours at an AT&T store and they are saying its some issue on Apples end that it's not communicating with AT&T properly that the iphone is canceled. THey said there is nothing they can do on their end, even though I showed them the canceled iphone order and that I havent paid for any phone. AT&T says it shows "Shipped" on their end and that I have to return the phone inorder to get my installment plan canceled/reset.

Has ANYONE has this issue. This is so unbelievable. Apple says contact AT&T, AT&T says contact Apple. I'm stuck over here with no upgrade available, a 24 month installment plan for a phone I dont have.

Please, someone provide some advice.

kirk.vino

macrumors 6502a
Oct 27, 2017
Sometimes it takes at least 5 business days for Apple to reset it. Been there done that. My case was 5 business days.

Reactions: 1981d

pdxmatts

macrumors 68000
Jan 12, 2013
Portland, OR
Contact ATT customer service. They need to reset and cancel the installment plan. How could it let you cancel the Apple preorder if it had shipped? Talk to someone else, the in store reps do not really handle this type of thing.

rpc33

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 31, 2011
Contact ATT customer service. They need to reset and cancel the installment plan. How could it let you cancel the Apple preorder if it had shipped? Talk to someone else, the in store reps do not really handle this type of thing.
Talked to att customer service. They told me to go to Apple because it’s their problem.

pdxmatts

macrumors 68000
Jan 12, 2013
Portland, OR
Talked to att customer service. They told me to go to Apple because it’s their problem.
That's odd. I canceled an Apple pre-order last year and then tried to re-order like you. It wasn't showing reversed and upgrade ready yet, so I called ATT C/S and they reset it for me while on the phone with them.

rpc33

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 31, 2011
That's odd. I canceled an Apple pre-order last year and then tried to re-order like you. It wasn't showing reversed and upgrade ready yet, so I called ATT C/S and they reset it for me while on the phone with them.
I wish it was that easy for me. They’re saying it shows “shipped” on their end. Literally impossible... I just don’t know who can even help at this point.

pdxmatts

macrumors 68000
Jan 12, 2013
Portland, OR
I wish it was that easy for me. They’re saying it shows “shipped” on their end. Literally impossible... I just don’t know who can even help at this point.
Does Apple say it shows shipped? I don't mean the confirmation you received, did they actually check the status when you spoke with them? I wouldn't stop badgering either one of them until it was resolved

rpc33

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 31, 2011
Does Apple say it shows shipped? I don't mean the confirmation you received, did they actually check the status when you spoke with them? I wouldn't stop badgering either one of them until it was resolved
I’ll call again in the morning to find out but I can’t imagine it shows shipped on their end. I probably would’ve seen a tax charge on my credit card. We’ll see though.

pdxmatts

macrumors 68000
Jan 12, 2013
Portland, OR
I’ll call again in the morning to find out but I can’t imagine it shows shipped on their end. I probably would’ve seen a tax charge on my credit card. We’ll see though.
Just to clarify, at the time, my Apple Store didn't allow in store reservation if using an ATT installment plan. So it did not show that as an option. I ended up re-ordering online again. Could that be the issue?

Last edited:

rpc33

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 31, 2011
Just to clarify, at the time, my Apple Store didn't allow in store reservation if using an ATT installment plan. So it did not show that as an option. I ended up re-ordering online again. Could that be the issue?
Don't think this is the same issue. I can't even order a new iphone from AT&T at this point. The problem is they think I have a phone that I really don't. I think they look at it as they're giving me a free phone if they remove the installment plan, as if i'm trying to scam them...

pdxmatts

macrumors 68000
Jan 12, 2013
Portland, OR
Don't think this is the same issue. I can't even order a new iphone from AT&T at this point. The problem is they think I have a phone that I really don't. I think they look at it as they're giving me a free phone if they remove the installment plan, as if i'm trying to scam them...
Oh no.. I see. Well, they will have to prove that it was delivered. I hope you get it straightened out when you contact Apple tomorrow. Good luck!

rpc33

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 31, 2011
Att said Apple needs to do "upgrade reversal" Apple emailed me today that it may take another 2-3 days to investigate.
Hopefully just simple process
ATT said they can do nothing for me. Apple escalated it to some other team, and I also have a 2-3 day wait.

Reactions: THOR 916

THOR 916

macrumors newbie
Apr 24, 2015
ATT said they can do nothing for me. Apple escalated it to some other team, and I also have a 2-3 day wait.

Apple notified me today all is good.. checked with att online and in ready for next upgrade whenever that will be :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.