Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DeusGuapo!

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 4, 2023
As been discussed beforehand, I’ve purchased a device thru Wally World via straight talk or total wireless it seems but I asked for straight talk, and it cannot be activated. I cannot return it bc someone scratched the straight talk sku off the back of the phone and it left damage to the Apple sku as well.

I waited before returning it just bc it says 2 sims available and I have a different SIM card that popped up that end in a diff number. One is 62 one is 70.

Someone who is a friend of my gfs was mentioning things such as she needed a sim w Verizon, could she use my hotspot etc.

If that’s a coincidence then fine, I am told to get phone scanned again but cannot and Walmart tells me they can’t prove it’s the same phone and I need original sim.

Do I have a way to use this device any way at all? Am I someone who maybe bought someone else a sim that’s maybe being used… doubtful but curious just to be sure.

It’s an SE 3rd gen and I’ve bought another one since so I would love to make this work without the possibility of some scam or sim switching that could get me into trouble.

I almost didn’t try to return it once I realized I had a SIM card from an uninvolved device w the packaging they helped me with.

Strange scenario for sure, but any help is appreciated.

I was also without a phone for a week as the other was a baseball being thrown before I bought said paperweight, and my ATT account reads as if I was calling and texting for the week I had no device and no phone number…. It reads like bc it’s prepaid maybe someone added my number to theirs idk….

I would love to sell or give this device to someone deserving even if jail breaking needs to be done. I won’t pay anything more if it’s unable to be done I’ll just pitch it in the trash or use it for parts if this one breaks

Thanks and sorry for the long first post

DeusGuapo!

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 4, 2023
I’ll add the box looks like crap like it wasn’t just purchased so that added my suspicions.

DeusGuapo!

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 4, 2023
I’ll add the box looks like crap like it wasn’t just purchased so that added my suspicions.
Will send photos and look into getting any additional info if that helps me get help! It was bought outright for $400, Im really just hopeful to get $200 back if this can be resolved tbh and maybe give someone a good deal on a phone that needs one

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.