Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mcmanus7

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 30, 2008
I’m trying to add a gmail account to my wife’s new Xr but when I hit google nothing happens. Can replicate it with my XS.

Tried both on cellular and wifi. Same result.

Any other option works fine (outlook, yahoo, etc)

jpn

Cancelled
Feb 9, 2003
are you saying that on yr iPhone when you go to:
Settings / Passwords & Accounts / Accounts (Add Account) / touch Google
that you dont immediately get the automatic sign in screen for you to enter your Google email address?

if this is the case, then try rebooting because yr software is messed up.
and if it still persists then even try Reset yr network.

mcmanus7

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 30, 2008
are you saying that on yr iPhone when you go to:
Settings / Passwords & Accounts / Accounts (Add Account) / touch Google
that you dont immediately get the automatic sign in screen for you to enter your Google email address?

if this is the case, then try rebooting because yr software is messed up.
and if it still persists then even try Reset yr network.

Yep on both devices regardless of network they’re on. I have tried both and neither work.

Wolfpup

macrumors 68030
Sep 7, 2006
That thread made it sound like an authentication issue that day with Google?

That’s bizarre...I’ve never seen anything like that, though I don’t own a 10, so don’t know for sure there’s not some bizarre bug there. .

As others mentioned, of course reboot your device, and maybe try the gmail program?

I double checked with 12.0.1 on my iPad Air 2, and when I go to add an account and hit Google, it pops up a logging webpage immediately, like normal.

mcmanus7

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 30, 2008
That thread made it sound like an authentication issue that day with Google?

That’s bizarre...I’ve never seen anything like that, though I don’t own a 10, so don’t know for sure there’s not some bizarre bug there. .

As others mentioned, of course reboot your device, and maybe try the gmail program?

I double checked with 12.0.1 on my iPad Air 2, and when I go to add an account and hit Google, it pops up a logging webpage immediately, like normal.

Must have been an issue on Apple or googles side. Works now on both devices to add email.

Was driving me insane you go to add and hit google and it literally did nothing.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.