Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ejudd1206

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 6, 2017
I have an iPhone 6 Plus. The screen says "iPhone is disabled, please connect to iTunes." When I connect to iTunes, it tells me that I need to click something on my phone to allow iTunes to access it. My phone will not give me this option. All I can do is "swipe for emergency."

I tried holding down the home button and the restart button. I was about to get the iTunes graphic on my phone with the picture of the cable. When I plug it into iTunes, I get the option to download the software for the phone and restore it. When I click this, everything seems to go well for about 15 min, then I'm right back where I started...the phone reading that its disabled and needs to be connected to iTunes, and iTunes asking me to click something on my phone that doesn't exist. I have tried to restore it 3 times now with the same outcome. I can't seem to find a fix for this. I know the digitizer is working correctly. I just can't seem to get it to update/restore. Any ideas??

daflake

macrumors 6502a
Apr 8, 2008
Where did you get the phone and did you previously have it working?

Try resorting the iPhone as a new phone instead of using a backup and see if that works.

chilman

macrumors regular
Jan 2, 2011
Can you tell explain "click something that doesn't exist"? Could it be that your iphine is on password lock?
Did you buy brand new or used, did you set up your initial apple profile on the same itunes /laptop? Is your iphone profile only registered on one laptop/ itunes or also some other? If you did, how long after the initial set up does this problem occur?

daflake

macrumors 6502a
Apr 8, 2008
Can you tell explain "click something that doesn't exist"? Could it be that your iphine is on password lock?
Did you buy brand new or used, did you set up your initial apple profile on the same itunes /laptop? Is your iphone profile only registered on one laptop/ itunes or also some other? If you did, how long after the initial set up does this problem occur?

It is disabled so it won't allow him to login.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.