Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Beachlover516

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 21, 2021
I use shared albums all the time. Somebody just sent me a shared album and I could not join on my phone with iOS 18. So I went to a device with iOS 17 and that let me join. I thought I may have had over the 200 limit, but since it let me join on the other device with 17 that couldn’t be the case. I also saw at the bottom of the shared album list on only the iOS 18 device there were 2 albums that I unsubscribed from yesterday that were still listed with 0 photos. And the last thing, on the phone with iOS 18 where I couldn’t join an album sent to me, I could create a shared album. Anyone with a similar experience?

UPDATE: For some unknown reason, I could now accept this invite after I deleted a few albums. Strange thing is it’s letting me accept them in iOS 17 but in iOS 18 it thinks the existing number of albums is higher. Not sure why as I went through all of the albums and it appears that there are the same amount on each device. At least it’s not a bug.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.