Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pmacleod8

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 27, 2017
I upgraded my phone from iPhone4 to iPhone5.
Apps and everything transferred OK except for a few apps.
I noticed that these are the ones that I had originally gotten with a different appleID.
Now, they appear on my "updates" list in app store, but I cannot update or launch these apps.
Apps are not dodgy - they are basic ones like Google Maps, Shazaam, and Google Chrome.
I do still have access to the appleID that I had originally used to get these apps.
They do not appear in any folders or when I search the phone, just on the appstore "updates" bit.

Any idea how to get at these apps (launch, update or delete & reinstall)?

Thanks.

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
I noticed that these are the ones that I had originally gotten with a different appleID.
Now, they appear on my "updates" list in app store, but I cannot update or launch these apps.
Apps are not dodgy - they are basic ones like Google Maps, Shazaam, and Google Chrome.
I do still have access to the appleID that I had originally used to get these apps.
They do not appear in any folders or when I search the phone, just on the appstore "updates" bit.

Thanks.
In the Settings app, sign out of your current Apple ID for the app store.
Sign in with old Apple ID. Go back to the app store app and download/update.
Sign out of old Apple ID, sign back in with current.

AZhappyjack

Suspended
Jul 3, 2011
Happy Jack, AZ

Thanks.

Because the apps in question are of the "free" variety (Google Maps, Shazaam and Google Chrome are), just install them using your current AppleID/iTunes account...

pmacleod8

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 27, 2017
In the Settings app, sign out of your current Apple ID for the app store.
Sign in with old Apple ID. Go back to the app store app and download/update.
Sign out of old Apple ID, sign back in with current.

Thanks.

Yup. Tried that. Google app says "open" rather than "update", but won't open. Also still can't see in in any folder or in search - just on appstore app. Same for Shazaam & eBay
[doublepost=1493380673][/doublepost]
Because the apps in question are of the "free" variety (Google Maps, Shazaam and Google Chrome are), just install them using your current AppleID/iTunes account...

Would love to. How?

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Yup. Tried that. Google app says "open" rather than "update", but won't open. Also still can't see in in any folder or in search - just on appstore app. Same for Shazaam & eBay
[doublepost=1493380673][/doublepost]

Would love to. How?
Have you tried checking for them under Settings > General > Storage > Manage Storage?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.