Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Alhagar

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 19, 2015
Anyone not able to receive calls over LTE with Series 3 LTE? I have T-Mobile (on hold with them right now). I have no problems making LTE calls but I do not receive them. Any ideas?

dave006

macrumors 68040
Jul 3, 2008
Just West of East
It is a problem with your DIGITS setup. Outbound uses the watch's unique phone number but incoming calls are tied to your iPhone's number. For LTE inbound calls make sure that you are outside of Bluetooth and Wi-Fi connectivity to your iPhone.

Dave

Alhagar

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 19, 2015
Thanks Dave:

I have been on phone all day with Apple and T-Mobile and every time we test it the phone is in airplane mode and WiFi disabled from the watch. Case is being escalated to engineers. I’ll report back.

Last edited:

DotCom2

macrumors 603
Feb 22, 2009
I'm curious to see what the escalation brings. Please do post back any findings.

deadworlds

macrumors 65816
Jun 15, 2007
Citrus Heights,CA
I started having this problem after getting the iPhone X. Not sure what happened. Called Apple they had me unpair and setup as new, and when setting up cellular it created a second digits line instead of pairing back with the old line. Had to call T-Mobile to get the new line cancelled. When trying to re-activate again, got an error about having my device paired with too many lines. T-mobile support said they only saw my one digits line and they had to escalate the issue to their engineers. Hopefully hear from them tomorrow. I’m interesting in hearing what they tell you.

Reactions: Alhagar

deadworlds

macrumors 65816
Jun 15, 2007
Citrus Heights,CA
Apple is replacing my series 3 LTE. @deadworlds what happened with tour LTE issues?

Ive been dealing with T-Mobile tech support. They have involved engineering and are still looking into it. For some reason when I try to activate the cellular plan I get an error about my device being paired with too many phones, which is impossible. The tech person doesn't know why its saying that when their system is showing it paired to just 1 number. So they had to get engineers involved because its some error in their system. On the bright side they did tell me that they will reset my free 3Months of service once they get it working again. For now I await a call back from T-Mobile. Honestly at how T-mobile is handling this, each representative has been knowledgeable and has tried their best to make it work.

Last edited:

Luba

macrumors 68000
Apr 22, 2009
I have this problem. When outside of Bluetooth and Wi-Fi range I can make calls, receive iMessage, texts, Voice Mail notifications, BUT can’t receive calls on my AW3?!? It simply won’t ring. I have this problem ever since I got the iPhone X, so must be something went wrong when I set up X by restoring from my 6s+ backup.

Any ideas on how to fix this? Thanks in advance.

Alhagar

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 19, 2015
Received “new” watch from Apple but still cannot receive calls. I’ll start pursuing with T-Mobile.

deadworlds

macrumors 65816
Jun 15, 2007
Citrus Heights,CA
Update on my situation. T-mobile had a team of engineers looking into my problems. Their system was showing that my watch was paired to 10 devices and thats why when I tried to active cellular I would a get "Paired to too many devices." The engineers did not know how 1o devices had been paired to the watch since I had only ever paired it with my phone.

They had to clear ask paring in their backend and once they did that my watch was able to activate cellular. It took T-mobile 2 weeks to figure it out but I was grateful that they finally did. The T-mobile rep was even nice enough to restart my 3-months free offer. Overall pleased by their service, heck they had a team assigned to my problem.

Reactions: DotCom2

Alhagar

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 19, 2015
Update on my situation. T-mobile had a team of engineers looking into my problems. Their system was showing that my watch was paired to 10 devices and thats why when I tried to active cellular I would a get "Paired to too many devices." The engineers did not know how 1o devices had been paired to the watch since I had only ever paired it with my phone.

They had to clear ask paring in their backend and once they did that my watch was able to activate cellular. It took T-mobile 2 weeks to figure it out but I was grateful that they finally did. The T-mobile rep was even nice enough to restart my 3-months free offer. Overall pleased by their service, heck they had a team assigned to my problem.

Thanks for the update. I now have a ticket open with T-Mobile. They say that my EID number was never registered and thus the SIM was never properly activated (which doesn’t explain why I was able to receive calls and send and receive texts over cellular). In any case, they sent the info to engineers and I was told that all should work within 72 hours. Will update.

dave006

macrumors 68040
Jul 3, 2008
Just West of East
Yes that was a B.S. answer. Your eSIM had to be fully provisioned to make a cellular call, send SMS/ MMS Txt and receive SMS/MMS Txt over cellular on your watch.

You can check the status of the eSIM using the Watch app on your iPhone. Tap the Watch app, scroll down to General, Tap General, click About and scroll down to the the IMEI, ICCID (generated during cellular setup, this is most likely what they claim was never properly setup) and finally the EID and SEID information. They are such long strings you will need to click EID and or SEID to see the data.

Dave

Alhagar

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 19, 2015
This issue is finally resolved (I can now receive calls on my Apple Watch Series 3 LTE over cellular). Called T-Mobile Digits customer support yesterday and someone in the Colorado call center put me on hold for a few minutes and came back and said that he had added “some parameters” to my account. He gave me a test call over LTE and it worked. I pressed him for more details but that was all he would say. T-Mobile also credited my account $30 in effect re-setting my trial period. He told me that the account was $15 a month but cut to $10 with auto pay. That was the first I heard that T-Mobile’s Digits plan was actually $15 (I thought that only Sprint was charging $15 without auto pay). Apple also followed up to make sure all was well and I appreciate that. I just sent back the replacement watch that Apple had sent me.

Reactions: big samm

dave006

macrumors 68040
Jul 3, 2008
Just West of East
Thanks for the update and I am glad the T-Mobile finally got their act together and fixed your digits profile. On the topic of fees, that is the standard T-Mobile pricing but if you use Auto-pay at $10, then you don't have to pay extra for taxes as on the other big 3 providers.

Dave

Alhagar

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 19, 2015
Postscript: In checking my My T-Mobile account the other day, I noticed that I had 2 Digits accounts. This probably happened when I activated the replacement watch Apple sent me. Called T-Mobile to have them remove one of the accounts and asked them to be very careful about choosing which account to deactivate. They deactivated the wrong one and it took a few more phone calls to T-Mobile to get it straightened out.
Thanks for the update and I am glad the T-Mobile finally got their act together and fixed your digits profile. On the topic of fees, that is the standard T-Mobile pricing but if you use Auto-pay at $10, then you don't have to pay extra for taxes as on the other big 3 providers.

Dave

Luba

macrumors 68000
Apr 22, 2009
It's been a nightmare since I upgraded to iPhone X. Everything worked fine with my AW3 on 6s+, then I could only make calls out with AW3 but couldn't receive them. Then nothing worked with AW3. AT&T did something to the effect of removing the old plan, but the Watch app showed two plans. I've talked to numerous reps. I think the problem is that a less-trained rep did more damage that even Advanced Tech Support doesn't know what to do. I'm getting this message when I try to pair my AW3:

Activate Your Device

Activation Unsuccessful

We're sorry, but we are unable to validate the information on this device. Please visit your local AT&T retail store. (EAPU60015)

Bassaxoharp

macrumors newbie
Sep 14, 2010
It's been a nightmare since I upgraded to iPhone X. Everything worked fine with my AW3 on 6s+, then I could only make calls out with AW3 but couldn't receive them. Then nothing worked with AW3. AT&T did something to the effect of removing the old plan, but the Watch app showed two plans. I've talked to numerous reps. I think the problem is that a less-trained rep did more damage that even Advanced Tech Support doesn't know what to do. I'm getting this message when I try to pair my AW3:

Activate Your Device

Activation Unsuccessful

We're sorry, but we are unable to validate the information on this device. Please visit your local AT&T retail store. (EAPU60015)

I am getting the same error, have you had any success in this regard?

Luba

macrumors 68000
Apr 22, 2009
I am getting the same error, have you had any success in this regard?
Just got it fixed today! When I upgraded to the X it shuts off Wi-Fi Calling!! Once that was turned by on NumberSync works! Only today's rep noticed that Wi-Fi Calling was off!

Previously, I was on the phone with AT&T Tech reps for hours, having me un-pair/re-pair AW, shutting off/on iPhone X and AW. One Tech about a week ago was very confident he could fix it but then gave up after hours and escalated my case and told me someone would get back to me. Of course, no one did. I called back a few days later to check up on the situation and another rep said they were still working on it, which I discovered today was a lie. I waited a few more days and talked to a rep today who said my case shouldn't have been escalated as it was an easy issue to resolve, and that a week ago the Techs simply reset things, so my case was resolved a week ago, so I guess the Rep that I talked to few days ago couldn't be bothered to look into things and simply told me to wait, telling me they needed more time.

When I upgraded to the X, NumberSync would work when I made call with AW, but after a while I found out I wasn't getting calls on AW when I was away from the X. Then a couple days later NumberSync completely didn't work. After a month after getting the X it is now working! It was so easy and hassle free when I set up AW3 with my old iPhone. I thought I had dodged all the problems I had read on here. Glad it's resolved now and hopefully they figure out a smoother set up procedure with the next AW. It's great being connect and not always needing to carry the X.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.