Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

herku

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 22, 2019
Hi

So basically I need to remove Beta from my Macbook entirely, because Apple support won't help me with an issue with me not receiving calendar invites until I do so (that error is something totally different though)

But I can't seem to get rid of it.
I want to do a clean install of my Macbook, but before deleting my disks and reinstalling, I have removed the beta profile and thought that was all I needed to do before re downloading Catalina from the App Store. However when I try to install Catalina It just gives me an error saying something like "The wanted version of macOS is not available".

I tried restoring my Macbook and did so successfully, however it just reinstalled the Catalina Beta. Once again I tried to remove the profile and download Catalina form the App Store. Still - same error. It won't let me download it. Hope someone can help me.

chrfr

macrumors G5
Jul 11, 2009
Hi

So basically I need to remove Beta from my Macbook entirely, because Apple support won't help me with an issue with me not receiving calendar invites until I do so (that error is something totally different though)

But I can't seem to get rid of it.
I want to do a clean install of my Macbook, but before deleting my disks and reinstalling, I have removed the beta profile and thought that was all I needed to do before re downloading Catalina from the App Store. However when I try to install Catalina It just gives me an error saying something like "The wanted version of macOS is not available".

I tried restoring my Macbook and did so successfully, however it just reinstalled the Catalina Beta. Once again I tried to remove the profile and download Catalina form the App Store. Still - same error. It won't let me download it. Hope someone can help me.

herku

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 22, 2019
so, I need to do this in a orderly manner, so that Apple Support will help me once again. If I install Catalina with that tool, will that be a problem?

bogdanw

macrumors 603
Mar 10, 2009
It won't let me download it. Hope someone can help me.
Try from Terminal
Code:
open "x-apple.systempreferences:com.apple.preferences.softwareupdate?installMajorOSVersion=10.15"
to download Catalina release version.

chrfr

macrumors G5
Jul 11, 2009
so, I need to do this in a orderly manner, so that Apple Support will help me once again. If I install Catalina with that tool, will that be a problem?
That will download the installer application for you and leave it in Applications.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.