Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MadDoc

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 25, 2005
UK
This is driving me nuts.

I have the new Apple TV. Everything about it works fine. I'm signed into iCloud and have successfully purchased movies, etc on the device.

However, I am unable to sign in to iCloud in the Photos app. I have entered my username email and password correctly. Definitely - after all it's the same one for my iTunes account which is working on the same Apple TV. I have iCloud Photo Library working perfectly well on several iPhones and Macs in my house. When I launch the Photos app it prompts me to sign in to iCloud. No matter how certain I am that I am entering the credentials correctly, it just chucks me back to the sign in page and I can't progress pass it. This has been an issue from tvOS 9.1 to 9.2 to 9.3.

Has anybody got any suggestions?

2010mini

macrumors 601
Jun 19, 2013
This is driving me nuts.

I have the new Apple TV. Everything about it works fine. I'm signed into iCloud and have successfully purchased movies, etc on the device.

However, I am unable to sign in to iCloud in the Photos app. I have entered my username email and password correctly. Definitely - after all it's the same one for my iTunes account which is working on the same Apple TV. I have iCloud Photo Library working perfectly well on several iPhones and Macs in my house. When I launch the Photos app it prompts me to sign in to iCloud. No matter how certain I am that I am entering the credentials correctly, it just chucks me back to the sign in page and I can't progress pass it. This has been an issue from tvOS 9.1 to 9.2 to 9.3.

Has anybody got any suggestions?

Do a hard reboot on the Apple TV by unplugging it, and reconnecting to power after a few minutes.

Shing

macrumors member
Aug 25, 2009
The hard reboot didn't work for me. I had to sign out of my iCloud account, restart, and login again.

2010mini

macrumors 601
Jun 19, 2013
The hard reboot didn't work for me. I had to sign out of my iCloud account, restart, and login again.

Glad it worked out. Once I had to completely wipe my Apple TV 3 and set it up as new with my iPhone via Bluetooth for it to work properly.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.