Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lindros2

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 21, 2011
Background - I've been an iOS user for 15 years, and this has come up maybe once.
I installed the MyCigna app, and after an issue with login, uninstalled it.
Or so I thought.
Every time I restart, it comes back.
If I go to the app store, it says "Open", not the download/install icon.
It is NOT showing in iOS Device Storage. Nothing.

This is driving me nuts.
I've restarted my phone 20x.

lindros2

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 21, 2011
Doed the app show up in your App Library?
No. Ultimately I used iMazing to extract the IPA from my iPad and install on my phone. Even iMazing on the phone itself couldn’t uninstall the app - it was wicked corrupted.

MrSky

macrumors member
Mar 8, 2022
No. Ultimately I used iMazing to extract the IPA from my iPad and install on my phone. Even iMazing on the phone itself couldn’t uninstall the app - it was wicked corrupted.
so what you are saying is you did not install MyCigna App the normal way from the app store, but used a 3rd party program called iMazing to install this for you and now you can not removed it?

you can try to go to setting/screentime/content & Privacy Restrictions/itunes & App Store Purchases.

Make sure all of them below are set to allow. if they are already set to allow then maybe change them to dont allow and then back to allow.
Installing Apps
Deleting Apps
in-app Purchases..

try to delete the app again.

See if this will allow you to removed the app. if not then you might need to restore your iPhone.

Squillace

macrumors 6502
Feb 22, 2016
Switzerland
If you say you deleted it and it's not present in your app library nor the iOS device storage, then you don't have the app. Most likely an AppStore bug where it shows Open instead of Download. Try to sign off your Apple ID and sign in again. And reboot in the meanwhile...

lindros2

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 21, 2011
If you say you deleted it and it's not present in your app library nor the iOS device storage, then you don't have the app. Most likely an AppStore bug where it shows Open instead of Download. Try to sign off your Apple ID and sign in again. And reboot in the meanwhile...
Wrong. I've done that - rebooted literally 50 times. Every time I remove it, it comes back.
It only shows in Background App Refresh once "removed", nowhere else.

Ultimately it was corrupted. No one could help - Apple support was useless.

I used iMazing to extract the IPA from my iPad, and installed on my phone. Took 3 tries but back to normal.

Other alternative was complete wipe which isn't practical.

lindros2

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 21, 2011
so what you are saying is you did not install MyCigna App the normal way from the app store, but used a 3rd party program called iMazing to install this for you and now you can not removed it?

you can try to go to setting/screentime/content & Privacy Restrictions/itunes & App Store Purchases.

Make sure all of them below are set to allow. if they are already set to allow then maybe change them to dont allow and then back to allow.
Installing Apps
Deleting Apps
in-app Purchases..

try to delete the app again.

See if this will allow you to removed the app. if not then you might need to restore your iPhone.
No - I could not remove it **BEFORE I used iMazing. The app got corrupted somehow - most likely as it was offloaded, and when it came back, it did not fully update with the latest version (released this week)... which then presented a problem when I tried to remove it - and pieces of it were left behind. Never should have happened.

iMazing saved me - it ALLOWED me to go back to normal, and remove it (if I so choose).
Apple Support, Reddit, forums, and everything else could not help.

Last edited by a moderator:

Squillace

macrumors 6502
Feb 22, 2016
Switzerland
Wrong. I've done that - rebooted literally 50 times. Every time I remove it, it comes back.
It only shows in Background App Refresh once "removed", nowhere else.

Ultimately it was corrupted. No one could help - Apple support was useless.

I used iMazing to extract the IPA from my iPad, and installed on my phone. Took 3 tries but back to normal.

Other alternative was complete wipe which isn't practical.
Fine. Glad you fixed it. But no need to give me the angry emoji dude...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.