Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ebutka

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 25, 2008
Detroit
So I am trying to connect my Canon 20d with my macbook and it can not find my camera. Now I tried it on a MBP running 10.5 and it was fine. I tried different cables and downloads from canons website. What is going wrong?

oblomow

macrumors 601
Apr 14, 2005
Netherlands
So I am trying to connect my Canon 20d with my macbook and it can not find my camera. Now I tried it on a MBP running 10.5 and it was fine. I tried different cables and downloads from canons website. What is going wrong?

Have you checked the preferences of the image capture application? This is where you specify how your macbook reacts when a camera is connected.

ebutka

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 25, 2008
Detroit
Have you checked the preferences of the image capture application? This is where you specify how your macbook reacts when a camera is connected.

I cant even open anything. So I can even get to the the preference :confused:

Grimace

macrumors 68040
Feb 17, 2003
with Hamburglar.
You can't open iPhoto or Aperture? Those are the preferences you want to check. Sometimes the OS won't load the camera as an external drive on the desktop -- you should be able to see it from a photo editing software title.

Also, sometimes computers don't see USB devices if you gracefully, gently plug them in. Don't jam the USB cable in, but make sure it's all one fluid motion and you may have better luck.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.