Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

scraxford

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 24, 2006
I have a Canon 30D digital camera and I was able to install the included software off the Solution disc onto my iMac Core Duo without any problems. However, I just purchased a MacBook Pro 15" and when I attempt to instal the same software I get this error message:

You cannot open "Canon Digital Camera installer" because it is not supported on this system.

My MacBook is 2.16 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo running Mac OS X 10.4.8

I'm a new Mac user.

Any ideas?

Stephanie

MACDRIVE

macrumors 68000
Feb 17, 2006
Clovis, California
Is the software compatible for Macs? It should say so right on the disk.

I don't know why you need the software, but with mine, I'm able to import photos onto iPhoto without the software.

brad.c

macrumors 68020
Aug 23, 2004
50.813669°, -2.474796°
That's strange. I could see the issue if it required a Firewire 800 port. That is the only diff I can see between the two Macs. What software are you trying to install-camera connectivity, or the bonus apps?

scraxford

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 24, 2006
Is the software compatible for Macs? It should say so right on the disk.

I don't know why you need the software, but with mine, I'm able to import photos onto iPhoto without the software.

Yep the same software is installed on my iMac.

That's strange. I could see the issue if it required a Firewire 800 port. That is the only diff I can see between the two Macs. What software are you trying to install-camera connectivity, or the bonus apps?

Both :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.