Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CW Jones

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 24, 2009
CT
Hey I have a 30D right now and tried a while ago to connect it right to my MacBook Pro but it wouldn't work. I have a feeling the Canon software is just not compatible with Snow Leopard? Anyone have the same issue/fix for it?

Thanks!

spinnerlys

Sep 7, 2008
forlod bygningen
What Canon software? EOS Utility? It works for me. But you also can use Lightroom (Beta or Demo) to get your images from the camera.

Maybe have a look at Canon's support page and if they offer an update to EOS Utility.

CW Jones

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 24, 2009
CT
What Canon software? EOS Utility? It works for me. But you also can use Lightroom (Beta or Demo) to get your images from the camera.

Maybe have a look at Canon's support page and if they offer an update to EOS Utility.

Yes the EOS Utility doesn't work. I do have LR2 right now but I use a card reader rather than plug the camera in because the last time I checked nothing happened and the camera was not recognized.

spinnerlys

Sep 7, 2008
forlod bygningen
Yes the EOS Utility doesn't work. I do have LR2 right now but I use a card reader rather than plug the camera in because the last time I checked nothing happened and the camera was not recognized.

But the card via the card reader is recognized in Lightroom, or do you have a problem with that too?

CW Jones

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 24, 2009
CT
Just made a call to Canon and got it sorted out. I guess they had a recent update for the EOS Utility that I somehow over looked! Thanks for the help!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.