Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mduser63

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Nov 9, 2004
Salt Lake City, UT
Happy to see that the 40D format is supported by Leopard. So iPhoto, Preview Image Capture and presumably Aperture, etc all work fine with the 40D now. Does anyone know if iPhoto '08 still does that stupid JPEG conversion when editing RAW files?

EDIT: I see that according to the iPhoto help, it does still do a conversion to JPEG when you edit a RAW file. They tout it as a feature (editing and JPEG conversion in one step!) when really it's an annoyance.

Forced Perfect

macrumors 6502
Jul 2, 2004
Toronto, Canada.
Happy to see that the 40D format is supported by Leopard. So iPhoto, Preview Image Capture and presumably Aperture, etc all work fine with the 40D now. Does anyone know if iPhoto '08 still does that stupid JPEG conversion when editing RAW files?

EDIT: I see that according to the iPhoto help, it does still do a conversion to JPEG when you edit a RAW file. They tout it as a feature (editing and JPEG conversion in one step!) when really it's an annoyance.

I mentioned this in the 40D Flickr group the other day. I'm kind of annoyed at Apple for not including it in Tiger for those who don't upgrade. (10.4.11?)

On the other hand, I stopped using iPhoto a few weeks ago in favor of Canon's Digital Photo Professional. But the ability to open the files in Preview is nice.

mduser63

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Nov 9, 2004
Salt Lake City, UT
I mentioned this in the 40D Flickr group the other day. I'm kind of annoyed at Apple for not including it in Tiger for those who don't upgrade. (10.4.11?)

On the other hand, I stopped using iPhoto a few weeks ago in favor of Canon's Digital Photo Professional. But the ability to open the files in Preview is nice.

I'm betting that it will be in 10.4.11 which hopefully will be out soon.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.