Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

costabunny

macrumors 68020
May 15, 2008
Weymouth, UK
Everything looks good for a camera at this price, but what's up with the 9 point focus versus Nikon 51 points :confused:

I am not sure I see the problem with the number of focus points. As a seasoned amateur, I never use any but the centre focus point.

I suppose Ill go ask that question..... (and call my friend who bought the 40D last week ;) )

Mac 13

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 30, 2007
Los Angeles,Ca
Yet you've let this confusion get to you because only 5 threads down in this forum is an existing thread about the 50D which your post would have gone in without creating another one.

Don't see it, but see one just about two threads above of mine. So why you're in here Mr. negative.:eek:

ManWithhat

macrumors regular
Jun 24, 2008
If you're shooting mostly in anything but manual, you shouldn't be buying a prosumer camera. Just my opinion . . .

Westside guy

macrumors 603
Oct 15, 2003
The soggy side of the Pacific NW
Everything looks good for a camera at this price, but what's up with the 9 point focus versus Nikon 51 points :confused:

This is going to sell for something like $250 less than the D300. Nikon and Canon seem to try, for the most part, to line up their cameras so they don't compete/compare too directly - so the 50D is going to have a few trade-offs when compared to the D300. Canon also seems to be very careful about separating their higher-end cameras' feature sets from their lower-end ones.

The number of AF points isn't a big deal for most photography IMHO.

UltraNEO*

macrumors 601
Jun 16, 2007
近畿日本
This is going to sell for something like $250 less than the D300. Nikon and Canon seem to try, for the most part, to line up their cameras so they don't compete/compare too directly - so the 50D is going to have a few trade-offs when compared to the D300. Canon also seems to be very careful about separating their higher-end cameras' feature sets from their lower-end ones.

The number of AF points isn't a big deal for most photography IMHO.

Also, AF points are only useful IF your shooting with autofocus. Sometimes, manual is better!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.