Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

-hh

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jul 17, 2001
NJ Highlands, Earth
Oh, these rumors have been killing me on the rumored "4/22" announcement date for word from Canon.

As per this morning's rumors of a "leak" on a German website, it appears to be claiming 16 MP, 6.5 frames/sec? and waterproof?

Perhaps I should be asking if anyone reading here who would happen to know when any relevant Non-Disclosure Agreements might happen to expire?

The waiting is as bad as for Apple announcements :D

-hh

Grimace

macrumors 68040
Feb 17, 2003
with Hamburglar.
Oh, these rumors have been killing me on the rumored "4/22" announcement date for word from Canon.

As per this morning's rumors of a "leak" on a German website, it appears to be claiming 16 MP, 6.5 frames/sec? and waterproof?

Perhaps I should be asking if anyone reading here who would happen to know when any relevant Non-Disclosure Agreements might happen to expire?

The waiting is as bad as for Apple announcements :D

-hh

That German 5D rumor is days old and was essentially "proven" to be a fake. We're still looking at the fall -- that would put it exactly on a 3 year refresh cycle, the same as both 1 series cameras.

taylorwilsdon

macrumors 68000
Nov 16, 2006
New York City
I see you sold a 5D.
Do you have any suggestions as to where else (besides MR marketplace) we should post this entire Canon kit for sale?

$5500
https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/474211/

Thanks!

Not really the place for cross posting, but you should have no problem selling it on Photography-on-the.net or Fredmiranda.com

You have to pay to sell on fred miranda but its worth it. I did and I've sold everything I've listed almost immediately (never up for more then a day or so)

Its $25 per year to sell on FM and they've got a huge, wealthy buyer community :) Very nice people too.

stagi

macrumors 65816
Feb 18, 2006
I have been waiting for a update to the 5d for over a year now, and thought with the new Nikon out canon would have something shortly. Oh well maybe in the fall?

Grimace

macrumors 68040
Feb 17, 2003
with Hamburglar.
I have been waiting for a update to the 5d for over a year now, and thought with the new Nikon out canon would have something shortly. Oh well maybe in the fall?

The 1 and 5 series camera are on a 3 year update cycle. The 1D was updated last year (after 3 years) and the 1Ds was updated last fall (after 3 years). The 5D is rumored for this fall at Photokina - which would be 3 years after its introduction.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.