Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

theiman

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 7, 2009
Austin Texas
RAW Compatibility

Thanks, I've seen that list but was curious if anyone knew when Apple or Canon would get the file format for the 7D ready to work with iPhoto. Guess we'll just have to wait it out. :cool:

akdj

macrumors 65816
Mar 10, 2008
62.88°N/-151.28°W
It's a pretty popular camera...along with the forthcoming 1d4. I'm assuming Apple is waiting out the 1d4 release to update the RAW abilities of both Aperture and iPhoto.

They're both using the same processors...not sure if that's where the similarities end or if the processing (post RAW) is similar for both cams or not. This would make sense for all of the processors from Adobe, Aperture, CapOne, whoever...

Hopefully within the next couple of months, otherwise, as mentioned by Zack, convert to dng or grab a "trial" from Adobe...they have a Beta version that's decent right now...not final, but looks great, IMO>

J

stagi

macrumors 65816
Feb 18, 2006
the lightroom 3 beta supports it (and is free) I have been using this and converting to jpeg (then you can import to iPhoto)

zachsilvey

macrumors 6502
Feb 5, 2008
Battle Ground
the lightroom 3 beta supports it (and is free) I have been using this and converting to jpeg (then you can import to iPhoto)

Then you lose the value of the RAW file. Unless you are keeping the raw file in Lightroom and just using iPhoto for the organizational features.

Roy Hobbs

macrumors 68000
Apr 29, 2005
With a 7D and shooting RAW I wouldn't mess with iPhoto. I would take a look at Aperture or Lightroom.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.