Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

darfel

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 2, 2007
NorCal
I have a Canon batter, BP-2L5, does anyone know what charger is compatible with it?

Thanks,

darfel

termina3

macrumors 65816
Jul 16, 2007
TX
I have a Canon batter, BP-2L5, does anyone know what charger is compatible with it?

You'll probably need to order this directly from Canon… I know for sure Nikon doesn't retail their chargers, and suspect that Canon has a similar policy.

darfel

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 2, 2007
NorCal
the CANON CB-2LW... though you might have had better luck asking in the digital video forum. Do you YAHOO?

I've googled it a few times but keep coming up with third party chargers that look like their from the seventies.

I'll see if I can order one from Canon. I have a Canon 20D, I know the battery and charger are compatible with other Canon products, I'll try the video forum.

Thanks

bigbossbmb

macrumors 68000
Jul 1, 2004
Pasadena/Hollywood
Go here and you'll find the charger. I have a 30D and it uses the same batteries as the 20D. I bought a charger and 2 spare batteries at Sterlingtek and they're great (and WAY less money than Canon).

Lovesong

macrumors 65816
I've googled it a few times but keep coming up with third party chargers that look like their from the seventies.

I'll see if I can order one from Canon. I have a Canon 20D, I know the battery and charger are compatible with other Canon products, I'll try the video forum.

Thanks

The 20D and 30D use the same batteries as my 5D, which is the BP-511a.

The BP-2L5 is a camcorder battery, hence my suggestion. Are you sure about the battery number that you have?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.