Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MediaGuy06

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 22, 2006
I have a product shoot coming up, and am wanting to connect my Canon EOS Digital Rebel XT camera directly to my Titanium powerbook (OSX10.2.8) for image storage and on-the-fly image viewing while doing the studio shoot.

I have been told a lot of conflicting information about this: some say it's good that I haven't upgraded my OS, and I just need the right software, and others say it just can't be done with the Rebel XT camera.

Does anyone know about this? What software would I use to capture, or store the images?

Thanks in advance!:confused:

beige matchbox

macrumors 6502a
Mar 16, 2005
Oxfordshire, UK
I use EOS capture with my 350D, allows you to adjust setting and take the pics with your mac then view them a few seconds later. It's a free download from the canon site and come in the Canon Utilities package i think

No idea if it'll work with 10.2 as i've only ever used it with 10.4 but it might be worth a look :)

MediaGuy06

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 22, 2006
Thanks! Another software needed though...

Thanks for the great info!
I'm now on a hunt for the right software on Canon's poorly designed site.

I downloaded EOS Capture, but it won't run without another software installed:

ImageBrowser
ZoomBrowser
or
Digital Photo Professional

Which one of these do you have?

I know these typically come with the camera, but I bought mine used, so I need to locate the correct one on Canon's site, and install that first.

Thanks for the info - I won't bug you with any more questions after this!
Thanks Beige!

beige matchbox

macrumors 6502a
Mar 16, 2005
Oxfordshire, UK
well, i downloaded a package with several apps in. I don't remember installing anything from the disk that came with my camera

*checks packet*

Although it has been opened, and does indeed contain all the full apps, umm, tell you what, check you PMs :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.