Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

harcosparky

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jan 14, 2008
Anyone with a 40D use Live View?

How do you activate Auto Focus in Live View???

AlaskaMoose

macrumors 68040
Apr 26, 2008
Alaska
Anyone with a 40D use Live View?

How do you activate Auto Focus in Live View???
Manual focus is best for accuracy on macro photography, but since you want to know about auto-focusing, here it goes:

1. Turn the AF/M switch on the lens to AF (this is very important)
2. Activate auto-focus using "C. Fn. III-06 AF During Live View Shooting. Choose to "anable" this feature (in the Menu)
3. Press the AF-DRIVE button and use the Main Dial to make sure the auto-focus mode has been set to One-Shot (on the LCD screen)

harcosparky

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jan 14, 2008
Manual focus is best for accuracy on macro photography, but since you want to know about auto-focusing, here it goes:

1. Turn the AF/M switch on the lens to AF (this is very important)
2. Activate auto-focus using "C. Fn. III-06 AF During Live View Shooting. Choose to "anable" this feature (in the Menu)
3. Press the AF-DRIVE button and use the Main Dial to make sure the auto-focus mode has been set to One-Shot (on the LCD screen)

Thanks but we're not using Live View for macro photography, and not sure that we would use it for that though I guess it would come in handy. At the time we dug around in the CF menu's and figured out what had to be done.

I own a 30D and a 5D, it was my brother who bought the 40D.

After playing with his 40D for a day, I could almost buy one .... give my 30D away, and the 5D would see less use.

This 40D is impressive, and putting live-view in it is a big plus.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.