Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MBX

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Sep 14, 2006
Any news on Aperture supporting the Canon G10 Raw yet?

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
In my experience it is usually a good month+ off from the date the cameras are released. I think we're about there right? So perhaps soon? Perhaps going to apple.com/feedback may help in letting them know there's a new camera in town and Aperture needs to support the files.

How do you like the G10 anyway? I love my G9 and didn't find a need to upgrade ... though the wide is great.

jreihsen

macrumors newbie
Nov 25, 2008
Adobe has just released an update to their free raw converter to include the G10 and the LX3. With this I was able to convert the .cr2 files to .dng which worked well in Aperture (I could not get Canon's DPP to work at all). The raw converter is built around a nifty batch mode that will create the .dng files that you can easily import. It's definately a workaround but it's better than shooting .jpgs.
If I may address your question, I just got the G10 and so far it's pretty good. Better in most ways than my old 10D. But probably not as good as your G9. Its high ISO performance is just miserable. In perfect light it's great, but I wish that they had stuck with 10 megapixels and improved sensitivity.

Hope this helps
Jim

vorkorsigan

macrumors member
Sep 6, 2008
Toronto
Adobe, very fast. Photoshop is working fine on my wife's Vaio with my new G10. I just wish Apple would be as fast and I cold actually do something on my macbook pro!

Still to try high iso shots. At 80 and 100 the quality is excelent.

MBX

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Sep 14, 2006
Hey so i installed the latest 5.2 adobe raw updates but i still get an error message when using my g10 with lightroom.

what is the exact procedure for now to import the raw files off my g10?

MBX

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Sep 14, 2006
Ok so even when "Convert to Digital Negative..." selected in LightRoom i still get the .CR2 error message and that it couldn't import it.

Any ideas?

vorkorsigan

macrumors member
Sep 6, 2008
Toronto
Don't know but if you go to the dpreview forum there may be help, lots of threads here about G10 raw in Photoshop which seem to suggest it works generally?

MBX

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Sep 14, 2006
Ok i so i can import the images now as converted to DNG in Bridge but not in Lightroom (tells me error messages and not being able to import the .cr2), very strange, no?

On another note i must say LR2.1 is kinda sluggish and the user-interface is lagging. They say it's 64bit but doesn't feel like it at all.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.