Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MBX

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Sep 14, 2006
Hey so i'm noticing some difference in color and look on the display of my G10 camera when i preview the photos and the way Lightroom displays them.

In Lightroom my photos appear slightly more "red" hue/ tone and seem to have a bit less contrast.

Is there a way to sync the camera and Lightroom so it displays it correctly the way it is showing it on the G10 display?

Down on the LR "Camera calibration" panel there are no profiles to select from (only "Embedded") and i'm not even sure if that's only for the current photo selected or if it will use it for all my imports.

Ideally this should be for all of imports and future imports automatically.

Cliff3

macrumors 68000
Nov 2, 2007
SF Bay Area
Don't look to the camera's LCD for accurate color rendition. It's there to allow you to preview the photos and do useful things like examine histograms. There are plenty of ways to calibrate your computer's display - X-Rite and DataColor have products that can help you with that. Edit: the calibration panel in LR is intended to tweak the raw converter - this blog entry discusses that: http://lightroom-news.com/2007/03/28/camera-calibration-panel-tips/

One more edit - if you're only seeing embedded in the profiles dropdown, then you're probably developing a jpeg. Needless to say, the raw converter isn't going to play any sort of role in processing a jpeg. I have attached a screencap of what my dropdown looks like when developing a raw file from my camera.

Attachments

• Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    37.1 KB · Views: 508

MBX

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Sep 14, 2006
True it was only jpg this time. I should've known it needs raw for this.

I guess another way to "sync" is to check on the feature "use auto tone adjustments" in preferences. Seems to have done exactly what i was looking for.

reel2reel

macrumors 6502a
Jul 24, 2009
Hey so i'm noticing some difference in color and look on the display of my G10 camera when i preview the photos and the way Lightroom displays them.

In Lightroom my photos appear slightly more "red" hue/ tone and seem to have a bit less contrast.

Is there a way to sync the camera and Lightroom so it displays it correctly the way it is showing it on the G10 display?

Down on the LR "Camera calibration" panel there are no profiles to select from (only "Embedded") and i'm not even sure if that's only for the current photo selected or if it will use it for all my imports.

Ideally this should be for all of imports and future imports automatically.

Of course you're going to use the LCD to judge your picture and I find the G10 LCD displays everything more vibrant, so the imported picture ends up looking dull in comparison. Every other camera I've had (several Canon point & shoots, including the G9) displayed accurately, but not the G10. So these camera profiles would be extremely helpful in this case.

The only profiles that show up in my Lightroom 2 are "camera faithful," etc, etc. I wonder if these are specifically adjusted for the G10?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.