Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jinsou

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 18, 2007
This is actually a really great price for this camera, retail is still 450$ to 500$ even though its been around for quite a while. The catch: It was the Demo... looked pretty decent with minor scratches.. and all the stuff seemed to work..
But i'm kinda of skeptical about demo's since i worked at a CompUSA before their closing and i know what some people do to the demo's.... Would You buy this??

Jin

jaseone

macrumors 65816
Nov 7, 2004
Houston, USA
I would probably skip it seeing how it was the demo model at a store that is closing down, although it does seem to be a very good deal so depends how much of a gamble you want to take.

Personally I'd search for the camera on live.com and then compare the prices and go with the cheapest seller there who is currently Adorama (highly reputable company) at $338 after cash back, still $100 or so more than your deal but depends on whether you are willing to take the gamble.

jbernie

macrumors 6502a
Nov 25, 2005
Denver, CO
Up until you said it was a Demo I would have expressed interest. Given their return policy (ie: no returns no matter what) I would be reluctant to buy anything not in an unopened package with full warranty from the manufacturer.

If you have $240 you aren't too worried about taking a risk on then go for it.

CTYankee

macrumors 6502
Jul 18, 2002
Can you get one of those aftermarket warrantees? IF so get it and the warrantee and you should be good to go with a better warrantee and lower price paid.

Phatpat

macrumors 6502a
Jun 15, 2003
Cambridge, MA
My circuit city lets (let?) all sorts of lenses (such as a Nikon 70-300mm VR) sit out on the shelves with the cameras for "demo" without front or rear lens caps.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.