Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

vrams

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 13, 2010
I have bought me a Canon Power Shot as i am biggner for Photography.It is worth Buying.I have used it for Close Up shots I dont exactuly how to use Depth of Field in this Camera.

Please Guide Me.I still have 14 days trial period to return it

spinnerlys

Sep 7, 2008
forlod bygningen
You already have a similar thread: https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/878207/

What kind of close ups are you talking about?

The camera you bought has no manual focus ring so you have to trick it via pressing the shutter release button only halfway to focus an object and use that to move farther away or closer.

Have you read the manual yet, as it is full of information of what your camera is capable of and what you might get accomplished with it.

Have you read any of the plenty of guides on photography throughout the world wild wet?

Depending on how serious you are as a photographer I recommend Andreas Feininger's book called Photographic Seeing, but others will give you different recommendations.

Look around this forum to find many threads about beginning in photography. Use MRoogle to find better results.

PS: Why didn't you answer back in your other thread?

PPS: Also a more descriptive thread title might be better suited as you want to know more about photography. And read that manual.

vrams

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 13, 2010
Thank you for your reply

I am looking for a close up Potraite image where on the object which i take should be in focus and the rest in blur

I am really New to thi field i am still learning through Google about photo graphy

Can you suggets good E book where i can find info off how to effectely use any Digital camera.

spinnerlys

Sep 7, 2008
forlod bygningen
Thank you for your reply

I am looking for a close up Potraite image where on the object which i take should be in focus and the rest in blur

That might not be as blurry as you want as the lens and CMOS chip are quite small.
What have you tried so far?

Maybe move farther away from the subject/object and zoom into it (optical zoom, not digital zoom) and focus on the object. That might get you what you need.
Also use an open aperture (1.8, 2.4, 3.5) if you can manually set that and have the object lit up.

I am really New to thi field i am still learning through Google about photo graphy

Can you suggets good E book where i can find info off how to effectely use any Digital camera.

I don't know of any eBooks, but as I suggested, read the threads about beginning in photography. There are plenty around.

Look into the relationship of focus, aperture, shutter time and so on.

There will be many guides out there to inform you about this.

And if you change your thread title to something more descriptive, you might get more answers in regard to your photography questions.

vrams

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 13, 2010
ok

I tried a Flower Quit Far from me using F1.3

I will try doing other things as well.

But i suggestion from you needed,as i have read all reviews about many SLR's and DSlr's.I found this to have much Zoom Facility and in my Cost off 350 euros So found intrested in buying it (as i said i am new to photography)

spinnerlys

Sep 7, 2008
forlod bygningen
ok

I tried a Flower Quit Far from me using F1.3

I will try doing other things as well.

But i suggestion from you needed,as i have read all reviews about many SLR's and DSlr's.I found this to have much Zoom Facility and in my Cost off 350 euros So found intrested in buying it (as i said i am new to photography)

Zoom is not everything.
I made that mistake when I bought my first digital camera, after having used several SLRs myself.

You need a good and not so small lens and focus, aperture and shutter speed should be manually adjustable.

Try the Canon Powershot G series, I have the G9 and it allows you to do many things.

Some of the photos on my "blog" (link below) have been taken with that camera until I bought a DSLR.

You should get a G9 for less than 350€, as I paid 450€ two years ago.
Maybe you can get the G10 or 11 if you want.

To edit your thread title, just click on the
edit.gif
button on the bottom right of your original post and then click the "Go Advanced" button below your message.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.