Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jeffy.dee-lux

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 19, 2003
montreal
Hi, I know this is possible because I've done it before, but I can't remember how for the life of me.

I have a powershot A570 that allows you to associate sound memos with photos. However, since you can't mount Canon cameras as USB mass storage devices, i can't seem to figure out how to access these sound files. They don't show up anywhere in iPhoto. I know it's doable, because i have a number of sound files i've recorded with this camera in my iTunes library. And I know I did this without having to purchase a card reader, because I still don't own one! Anybody have any clues? I've searched all over this site and throughout the internets, but perhaps I'm not using the right search terms. Thanks for your help!

Jeff

dllavaneras

macrumors 68000
Feb 12, 2005
Caracas, Venezuela
If you can't see the camera as a USB mass storage device, you might try using Image Capture (in your applications folder) and see if it works from there.

I remember that my powershots (S1 and S2 IS) mounted as mass storage devices. It's strange that Canon would axe that function!

jeffy.dee-lux

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 19, 2003
montreal
thanks a lot! that worked like a charm. I'd never used Image Capture before. The camera even still contained the sound memo's i had recorded back in May, i guess they never get deleted, unless I'm using Canon's software, which I'd rather not.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.