Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mjmar

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 20, 2008
Canon claims superior low light performance compared to other ultra compacts... It's also the first in the powershot line to have manual controls. This may be the camera i've been looking for. :D and it's only 10 megapixels. THANK YOU FOR LEAVING THE MEGAPIXEL RACE, CANON. I'd rather have good low light performance than have the option to blow my pictures up to be 10 feet diagonally.

http://www.usa.canon.com/consumer/controller?act=ModelInfoAct&fcategoryid=145&modelid=20024

jampat

macrumors 6502a
Mar 17, 2008
Canon claims superior low light performance compared to other ultra compacts... It's also the first in the powershot line to have manual controls. This may be the camera i've been looking for. :D and it's only 10 megapixels. THANK YOU FOR LEAVING THE MEGAPIXEL RACE, CANON. I'd rather have good low light performance than have the option to blow my pictures up to be 10 feet diagonally.

http://www.usa.canon.com/consumer/controller?act=ModelInfoAct&fcategoryid=145&modelid=20024

Canon has had manual controls on every camera I have ever owned. It is good to see manufacturers start to focus on low-light performance though.

Mjmar

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 20, 2008
Canon has had manual controls on every camera I have ever owned. It is good to see manufacturers start to focus on low-light performance though.

Have you ever owned one of their ultra compact cams? All the ones I've seen don't have aperture or shutter controls except this one.

TWLreal

macrumors 6502
Jul 9, 2006
It's also the first in the powershot line to have manual controls.
There are more PowerShots than you would care to count that have full manual controls.
Canon has had manual controls on every camera I have ever owned.
This is true if you happen to have bought models with manual controls but Canon, just like many other manufacturers, have been pulling manual modes from cameras in recent years. Many models you can buy today won't even have aperture or shutter speed priority.

Back to the thread, the SD4000 IS/IXUS 300HS does seem like a competent camera but for enthusiasts, the S90 offers RAW, a faster lens at the long end and a slightly larger sensor.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.