Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

juanster

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Mar 2, 2007
toronto
i am online in- queue wai:)ting for the check out, it is taking for ever, but ihtink it s an amazing deal, just put it in here in case anyone was interested and looking for a good deal on one of these...

marclapierre13

macrumors 6502a
Jul 7, 2005
A) You will never find a lens for a digi camera for $20. So now it wouldnt be cheaper. Not to mention it wouldnt be in the same catagory of quality.
B) For canadians, im pretty sure this is the cheapest it has ever been. Its even cheaper than ebay by like $150

taylorwilsdon

macrumors 68000
Nov 16, 2006
New York City
A) You will never find a lens for a digi camera for $20. So now it wouldnt be cheaper. Not to mention it wouldnt be in the same catagory of quality.

My point was the tax. Assuming you have the same level as we do, it would be $40 tax (and then some?) and that brings us up to a $60 difference. That will snag you a 50mm f/1.8 Canon lens if you throw in a couple extra bucks. Much, much higher quality then the kit lens.

I'm just presenting an alternative. This is a great deal!

notjustjay

macrumors 603
Sep 19, 2003
Canada, eh?
Bah, I give up on Future Shop. I was trying for the $99 HD-DVD player but the checkout "queue" took forever and then the SSL server was returning "Server Busy" errors. They were all sold out within just a few minutes, while I was still waiting, so I gave up.

A good deal, for anyone who managed to get it. I hate the Boxing Day shopping frenzy.

marclapierre13

macrumors 6502a
Jul 7, 2005
Bah, I give up on Future Shop. I was trying for the $99 HD-DVD player but the checkout "queue" took forever and then the SSL server was returning "Server Busy" errors. They were all sold out within just a few minutes, while I was still waiting, so I gave up.

A good deal, for anyone who managed to get it. I hate the Boxing Day shopping frenzy.

Ya, i am buying a few dvds off of them, but ill wait till tomorrow, they have enough stock.
As for HD DVD player, i just bought a blu ray dvd, and its on sale now, but not by much. so sall good.(although it is an awesome deal, would make a great back up, especially with the 2 free dvds!)

CanadaRAM

macrumors G5
My point was the tax.
The tax is a wash and other costs make the buydig deal not comparable - you will pay GST and provincial tax when the item enters Canada (plus you'll have customs brokerage, additional shipping charges, and the credit card 'commission' on the foreign exchange of 4 - 4.5% vs. official BofC rate). Plus potential issues with warranty.

juanster

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Mar 2, 2007
toronto
well doesn't even matter anymore they are all sold out already i was trying to get one from 8pm and never got to the checkout, i think it was probably a scam of some sort i never stopped trying from 8 pm until now and even though i am positive i wa sone of the first ones to try to buy it because i kept clicking on buy now and it was in my cart from 8:00:30 i still never got to check out until now and now it says they are sold out... bull****

notjustjay

macrumors 603
Sep 19, 2003
Canada, eh?
well doesn't even matter anymore they are all sold out already i was trying to get one from 8pm and never got to the checkout, i think it was probably a scam of some sort i never stopped trying from 8 pm until now and even though i am positive i wa sone of the first ones to try to buy it because i kept clicking on buy now and it was in my cart from 8:00:30 i still never got to check out until now and now it says they are sold out... bull****

A LOT of people had the same experience as you (check out the Future Shop forums or Red Flag Deals... pages and pages of complaints.)

The site works fine this morning but of course all the good stuff is sold out.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.