Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kevindosi

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 16, 2006
i just got a rebel xt, and i'm lovin' it. one thing that bothers me, though, is that it doesnt mount on the desktop the way my old point and shoot did. i have to open up iphoto (or the god-awful software that comes with the camera) to get my pictures. i really liked being able to click\drag from the disk image and especially delete from there. is there any way to get it to mount?

djejrejk

macrumors 6502a
Jan 3, 2007
Uhh...
1. Have you tried finder preferences? There is a setting to show connected discs on the desktop.. its under the general section.

2. There is a setting in the iPhoto preferences under the general tab.. connected camera opens: _______ . This might help as well.

3. Also, there is a setting for "picture cd" under cd & dvd in system prefrences.. your computer might recognize that camera as a cd.. kind of a long shot I guess.

Good luck!

Shaduu

macrumors 6502a
Jan 31, 2007
Southsea
My 300D does the same, and I too much prefer the desktop icon I get with my Fuji. Although, I like it 'cause I have a little Rolleiflex icon instead of a drive. :D

Mr. DG

macrumors regular
Jan 16, 2006
Hmmm, I've just bought a Canon Ixus 75 (SD1000 in the US i think). This doesnt mount on the desktop either. I sat there for ages waiting for it to appear before i thought of iPhoto.

Surely there must be some way of doing this - i don't like iPhoto and I just want to use the finder. Windows XP recognises my camera as a USB mass storage device.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.