Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

finnschi

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 30, 2008
Hamburg, Germany
Since cameras tend to get cheaper right after their successor is released, and I am in the market for a new Body :cool: I want to know when you guys think the Canon 60D will come out?

I own a 20D right now and i don't think a 40D is worth the Upgrade but at the same time the 50D is too expensive for me :( 500€ vs 800€

I would love a 7D or a 5dMk2 but those are FAR too expensive for a poor student :eek:

So I am guessing when the 60D comes out the 50D will get cheaper, I might also consider buying the 60D if it is worth the price difference (and I will not buy a xxxD because the shutter sound freaks me out ;) :p we'll see

So whats your guess, when will Canon release the 60D :confused:

jampat

macrumors 6502a
Mar 17, 2008
After using a 50D, I would buy the 40D. I dislike the noise on the 50D and see very little advantage to using the 50D over my 20D (other than the much much better screen, and possibly the lens calibration stuff). It is a lot more MP, but still is pretty bad over ISO800. Personally I like fewer MP and less noise. I would also buy used and let someone else take the big depreciation hit.

No idea about when the 60D is coming out, I suspect they may wait a while longer as they want to wait until the shine is off the 7D (and every new xxD gets closer to the xD line, now that there is a crop xD, I suspect the xxD may slow down development cycles).

finnschi

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 30, 2008
Hamburg, Germany
After using a 50D, I would buy the 40D. I dislike the noise on the 50D and see very little advantage to using the 50D over my 20D (other than the much much better screen, and possibly the lens calibration stuff). It is a lot more MP, but still is pretty bad over ISO800. Personally I like fewer MP and less noise. I would also buy used and let someone else take the big depreciation hit.

No idea about when the 60D is coming out, I suspect they may wait a while longer as they want to wait until the shine is off the 7D (and every new xxD gets closer to the xD line, now that there is a crop xD, I suspect the xxD may slow down development cycles).

"and possibly the lens calibration stuff" thats why I want the 50D ;)

if Rumors are to belived the 60D should be released this May(thats when my Birthday is too :D ) I will sell my 20D In April and use my 350D until the 60D is released, iwill then also have enough money to buy the 60D :D sounds good to me :eek:

you are right with the Noise Problems, but I never use anything above ISO 800... I got nice lenses (F/1.8 and 2.8) and some nice Flashes when i need to take pictures in low light, I jsut don't see too much use in ISO 1600+ in my daily use :D (most of the time i shoot in ISO 100)!

Do you think the 60D will have the same noise level as the 7D? I guess not, because they need some fetaures the 7D is better at... :p

If I have the Money i might as well buy a 7D ( 1300€ vs 800€ for the 50D)

too many choices ... :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.