Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gamerz

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 2, 2006
Hello everyone,

For some reason, when uploading a photo online, I cannot directly access my iphoto library. Instead, I need to drag the picture from iphoto, to desktop, and from there upload it...

Any ideas?

Eric D.

TheAnswer

macrumors 68030
Jan 25, 2002
Orange County, CA
Thats' how it's supposed to work. The "iPhoto Library" is a collection of folders that helps iPhoto keep everything organized. While you can right-click on iPhoto Library and select "Show package contents" to get into that folder, don't move anything inside or it may cause iPhoto to act all screwy.

ChrisA

macrumors G5
Jan 5, 2006
Redondo Beach, California
Hello everyone,

For some reason, when uploading a photo online, I cannot directly access my iphoto library. Instead, I need to drag the picture from iphoto, to desktop, and from there upload it....

You can drag it to the desktop like you do but it's best to use the "export" feature inside iPhoto to export to the desktop. that way you get to choose the size and jpg quality you need. Simply dragging does not allow you to specify any options.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.